North American Turbocoupe Organization

Need timing belt cover plug - any suggestions?
Randy Wilhite Offline
Junior Member
Hi gang - I am looking for the plastic plug that goes into the camshaft alignment inspection port on the outside timing belt cover. Googled this to death and find anything - also checked out the NATO parts sellers with no luck.

Anyone know where I can get one of these besides a junkyard?
Original owner 1987 Turbo Coupe 5 speed.

Pete D Offline
Any 2.3 cover from that era. Doesn't have to be a turbo 2.3
If you know somebody at a dealership, you might get them to search the all dealer inventories???

Or try Green Sales (on the Vendors Page) They buy up obsolete parts from the auto makers. Is' quicker if you have the P/N but they can look it up.


Pete Dunham


Tbird-fanatic Offline
Senior Member
I may have one on a cover from a motor I tore down.
1988 Tbird TC - in pieces - barn find - mods beginning while restoring
2000 F250SD XLT CCSB 7.3 Powerstoke - Daily Driver - AFE intake, Swamps tunes, straight piped

Randy Wilhite Offline
Junior Member
Tbird-fanatic - PM sent (I think, still learning how to use board functions)

Original owner 1987 Turbo Coupe 5 speed.

Gary S Offline
If you go to Lowe's or Home Depot and look in the specialty hardware drawers you can find a chrome metal push in type that fits. Just measure the hole it sticks in.
NATO Member
1987 Turbocoupe
168,000 Miles
5 Speed
Black w/Raven Interior

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Theme © iAndrew 2018 - Software MyBB