North American Turbocoupe Organization



It worked!
GaryS#2 Offline
Posting Freak
#1
Just wanted to post a follow up on my ported E-6.
I got it on finally after battling with the EGR tube. Could'nt get it undone even with heat so I ripped the whole tube out with the manifold. That was the last thing I thought I would have trouble with. Everything else came apart fairly easy for the most part. No broken bolts like I imagined.
So the results are fairly impressive.
Better spoolup than before and higher boost as well. I had to turn my bleed valve in a turn just to be safe. [Image: smile.gif]
Pete, you are very correct when you say the most gain is on the exhaust side. Even with this little turbo it helped a lot. I can only imagine what a t3 or hybrid would be like but this IHI is pretty responsive.
Grocery Getter/Rice Cooker.
Reply

Pete D Offline
Administrator
#2
Gary, I'm glad you are pleased with the results. The IHI can be turned into a very responsive street package. If I don't sell it today I'll be doing that with the daily driver over the winter. It gets an el cheapo oversized exhaust system as soon as I can get it to the shop. I got a spare head and E-6 that will see the grinder this winter.

Enjoy it and keep us posted

------------------
88 TC X 2, 86 SVO, Main TC with K&N, 3"DP to 2.5"duals through Dynamax, Ric valve at 17+ and disconnected KS.
Elite Bodega 16" chrome wheels. Autometer pod w/ A/F and Vac/boost gauges.140 mph Motorsports Speedo New engine: Total Seal rings and TRW pistons, ported and polished head w/ cc'd chambers,1.59"exhausts, SS valves, gutted upper, knife edged lower, A-230 cam, Race Engineering Adj Cam Sprocket, Crowlers, ARP head studs, and rod bolts. Walbro 255 HP pump and Kirban adj FPR, T-3. Centerforce II, KB subs and jack rails.

[This message has been edited by Pete D (edited 09-19-2001).]
Pete Dunham


Reply





Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)



Theme © iAndrew 2018 - Software MyBB