North American Turbocoupe Organization



3G install completed...
Kuch Offline
Senior Member
#1
I finished this up over the weekend and everything worked out great. I made some deviations from the tech article on here as follows.
1, I kept the stock alt output as it is already a 10G wire and I didn't want to cut and splice it.
2, I added a 4 Gauge battery wire from the alt output to the battery pos post with an inline 175amp mega fuse. New cable ends were soldered on and shrink wrapped.
3, The article mentioned an extra 10gauge wire added to the yellow shunt wire to distribute the load, which is what I did and connected it to the alt output.
4, I did have to re-pin my factory alt plug as my "I" and "S" were swapped on my stock 88 TC alternator plug. I verified the 12v switched and the 12v constant before hooking everything up. I also soldered in a junkyard stator connector to the "S" plug harness.

I ops checked it with everything on I could think of and was getting 14.4 volts. Glad I did this upgrade.


Attached Files Image(s)
           
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low
Mikey97D and Jeff K like this post
Reply





Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)



Theme © iAndrew 2018 - Software MyBB