North American Turbocoupe Organization

Radio Wiring
RocketshipChair Offline
I was wondering if anyone happens to have a copy of the wiring diagram for the premium sound system in 87-88 TC. Mine has been super hacked up and frankly the drive to carisle is going to stink without radio.
Andrew
88 Turbo Bird 5 spd no mods

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Check your email. One diagram is non- prem sound, the others are fro prem sound.
Pete Dunham

RocketshipChair Offline
Pete you're the best. Guess I'll be stopping by my electronics store on friday. Gonna be needing a lot of wire.
Andrew

RocketshipChair Offline
Ugh. So I've found many issues. Firstly, the factory amp and all of its connectors apear to be completely removed/lobbed off. Next, from what I gather there's speaker cable running from each of the door speakers and from the two rear speakers (the two rears are wired in series and then run up front). I'm really confused on how this setup would ever function. I'd imagine the PO must have had some sort of aftermarket stereo in here. Any ideas on how I could make this work?
Andrew

js9_20 Offline
Pete D Wrote:Check your email. One diagram is non- prem sound, the others are fro prem sound.

Hi Pete,

Any chance you could share those diagrams with me too?

Thanks

Pete D Offline
Administrator
js9, check your email
Pete Dunham

js9_20 Offline
Thanks

G-Rage Offline
With Regards to this "second" speaker harness, I've ran my hands/fingers all over the dash and am not finding this mythical harness....
I FOUND IT ! But the wiring colors are different than wires at the AMP
Looks like I may have to run wires after all unless anyone here knows???

Attached Files Image(s)

87 Black 5 spd, 47K miles, all original (minimally modified) survivor.