North American Turbocoupe Organization

Bucking and Hesitation(Solved)
zip Offline
The bird is an 86. Ive been having a problem with a bucking and hesitation at about 3000 rpm when im not undder hard throttle, when im at WOT or near, it does not happen. Also once the car gets warm it does not want to idle, i have to keep my foot on the gas to keep it running. If i shut the car off then turn it on it is fine until i start to drive. Sometimes it keeps its idle at about 2000 rpm, ill shut it off and turn it on and sometimes it works. I have made sure the tps was set right and the car had a tune up recently. I have a feeling it is the TFI or PIP but want to make sure someone had this problem before and what was the solution.

Edit: It ended up being a dead spot on the TPS causing the bucking.
Matt
86 TC 5spd:QH/SD,Walbro190,CFI 52#, AFPR,WB,FMIC,3"dp to axle, .63 T3, E6,Stock Longblock.
Shelf:N/A 2.3, Die grinder, Carbide Burrs.

Footintim Offline
Did you run the codes? if so what did you get?

zip Offline
Soryy about the late reply, had to make and emergency trip to Arizona that lasted too long. Ive pulled the codes and do not get any. This is why im thinking its the TFI or PIP. Ive read other similar topics but they all seemed a little different from my problem. I want to get her running good before she gets paint.
Matt
86 TC 5spd:QH/SD,Walbro190,CFI 52#, AFPR,WB,FMIC,3"dp to axle, .63 T3, E6,Stock Longblock.
Shelf:N/A 2.3, Die grinder, Carbide Burrs.

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
Bucking could be TFI/PIP.

The intermittant high idle is likely a TPS or VAM problem, or a vac leak.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized