North American Turbocoupe Organization

Engine Mangaement
Bader Offline
i am lookin to swap my old 2.3 T motor into a 93 ranger.....who makes an aftermarket Engine Managment for this things ??
2.3L of Pure TURBO POWER

Forcedbird Offline
SDS, FAST, there are alot more out there maybe some others could chime in.
88 TC

HY 35, Ported Oval head w/OS valves, EEC Tuner, Bob's MOAL, .510 lift cam, Tial 38mm wastegate, K&N in fender, Kirban AFPR, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 57 lb inj., GN intercooler, Gillis valve, Race eng. adjustable cam pulley, HKS SSQV BOV, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, 4" DP to 2 1/2" exhaust, no muffers, Timing set to 12* BTDC, 26 psi of boost. Needs to get tuned!

Proud to be a NATO member!

rairbird Offline
What is your budget, and how many mods do you want to add between each new run? I am asking because if you do not get it right the first time, it will only add up to more money spent for naught. Personnaly, I have spent far too much to be where I am right now. I bought a chip off of a complete fool ( or maybe I was the fool )that cost me $300 to run my 42# inj., which proved to be abortive. Next I purchased the EEC-Tuner, which, as effective as it was, when employed with the LA3, could not data log, and eventually the unit went south. Cost was 300.00, plus the PCMX software that is mandatory with the LA3. If you understand hexa decimals you still wouldn't be able to use it the LA3. Now I have the J3 adaptor, ( 175.00 ) which I can't get to burn chips, and emails to Craig Moates have not proven to rectify the problem, so all I can say is, if you want to tune your car, get it all together, mods and such, and find someone who can tune it for you on a dyno. If it cost you $500.00, you will be further ahead than I am.

Rod K Offline
I have the Moates adapter and have had no problems. I can data log but I have to do that on the LM-1 with the accesory cable. If I were to do something else it would be Megasquirt. Cheap, effective, datalog capable and lots of support.
Rod Kiser, '88TC, 5 speed, 5 lug, Cobra 13" front brakes, Mark VII 11 1/4" rear disc brakes, PiMP'n, Bullit wheels, ATR 3" exhaust, Aluminum driveshaft, EDIS, 60 LB injectors, gutted upper & ported lower. NATO Member

Joe F Offline
Posting Freak
Do your research, read opinions and success/failure stories, and then pick your poison; it all depends on the features you desire; there's lots of good units out there.

Personally I've had great success with my EEC Tuner/PCMX software combo, and it's been installed for over 18 months now with no trouble. I've changed fan temp settings, fuel tables, converted to MAF, and will soon be increasing my injector size using it.

My datalogging requirements are served by my Wideband Commander wideband O2 setup - which you really need to tune properly anyway, unless you're going to use a dyno service for that need.

Whatever you choose, good luck. IMHO the key to success is lots of research and thought.
JR's Place - My '87 Turbocoupe

Glenn 88TC Offline
Posting Freak
Here is a very good list of stand alones and info about them.

http://www.turbomustangs.com/techarticle...rticle.php
NO TC and NO headaches.

Matt S Offline
Posting Freak
I would like to clear up the LA3 thing with eec tuner. I was told in previous posts that any computer will work. Rairbird you mention LA3 a few times. Can you enlighten me? I need to know if I'm best off with an LA3 when doing this. Posts about it are not specific.
Sold it Sad*

Glenn 88TC Offline
Posting Freak
The LA3, LB3 and the 8UA are supported but the La2 is not. All the P series eec's appear to be compatible.
NO TC and NO headaches.

rairbird Offline
Glen is right. Here's a list of computers that are compatible with the tuner, and for which there are bin files for the PCMX software.

8UA, LA3, LB3, PC1, PE, PF2, PF3, PJ, PK, PK1, TF, ZGA

A9L, C3P2, C3W, DA1, ICY1, U4P0, W4H0, X3Z

LLX3, LLX4, GGL3, DDX3, CCA1

ffr1222k, what are you using to burn your chips?

Matt S Offline
Posting Freak
Well cool I'm going to stick my 8Ua back in anyway since it's june '88 it is the auto version of the LA3 and thus has the better timing curves etc (like I could tell though)
Sold it Sad*