North American Turbocoupe Organization

88 seats fit in 85?
stangman65 Offline
I know where there are some really nice blk leather seats in an 88 turbocoupe. Will they fit in my 85? IF they do fit will all of the power stuff plug right in to the new seats? Are the connectors the same? I'm pretty sure the fronts will fit but I'm not sure about the rear seat. Thanks!
Dark Metallic Blue 88TC

Walsted Offline
Posting Freak
All of the seats in my 86 came directly from an 88 with no problems. Only difference I could see was a different seat belt connector on the front seat bases (the part of the seat belt on the left side of the right seat, and right side of the left seat.) Pretty sure the 85's are the same as the 86, so I would grab the set.

------------------
Mike Walsted - NATO member
1986 5-speed TurboCoupe and 1985 5-speed XR7
Mike Walsted - Sold my 1986 5-speed TurboCoupe

V6TBird87 Offline
Posting Freak
As of now im swapping some 86 Turbo Coupe seats into my 87, everythign is going in no problem, id reccomend you use the seat track from your 85 just in case they are a bit different

also on the bottom of the seats, there are extra mounting holes, so if the current holes dont work, youd have to tap threads into the holes to bolt the tracks on

basically...theyll work
2018 Mustang GT
1988 Turbo Coupe, 5-speed

aka Tbird232ci

segfaultxr7 Offline
Posting Freak
Quote:Originally posted by V6TBird87:
also on the bottom of the seats, there are extra mounting holes, so if the current holes dont work, youd have to tap threads into the holes to bolt the tracks on

I had to do this when I put the power seat track on my 88TC's passenger seat. The mounting bolts are self-tapping, so you don't need to get a tap to cut new threads.
88 TC 5-speed

motormenace Offline
all of the seats from 83-88 should interchange without a problem. also, these seats are the same as the 85-86 mustang and 84-86 xr7(not sure about 83s and 87-88 xr7s). another seat to try is the recaros (79 pace cars and 82 GTs) and svo (pretty much a recaro seat also [Image: biggrin.gif] )

------------------
69 mustang coupe (next project)
86 turbo coupe (it's fun beating a honda...with something twice it's size!)
86 SVO (it's amazing what people can screw up)
90 mustang GT (project scratch and dent)

...so you have a V8...isn't that cute...
86 turbo coupe (14.12 at 15 psi. sleeper) *gone*

...so you have a V8...isn't that cute...

85 Turbo Bird Offline
ooh...racing seats...comfy... [Image: biggrin.gif]
85 TC Auto

250-280 rwhp or Bust!!!!
mods: Sony HU, Pioneer 6.5" 3-way in the door and Pioneer 6x8 2-way in the rear deck; full 3" exhaust installed(dp, hi-flow cat, 3" MAC mustang GT cat-back)