North American Turbocoupe Organization

SOMETHING DIFFERENT
COOKER Offline
Well today i was thinking about some interesting. if i run a hose from the fog light opening up through the headlight opening and dump it at the k&n, with that in mind make a heat shield box that will stop the heat from the engine from entering the filter, i'll make a funnel from the fender well striaght in to the box also. so it could be like a ram air x2. or would thet kill the air fuel mixture. if the fitting from the intercooler to the turbo is not on properly fitting will that do something to the gas milage
thanks for the input guys
DAVE COOK
NEED MY TC BACK

Pete D Offline
Administrator
If the hose from the intercooler to the compressor outlet isn't sealed, that means unmetered air gets into the system when the engines is pulling vacuum (sort of a vacuum leak) and it will let boost escape when the engine is boosting. Any leak from the back end of the VAM to the combustion chamber is bad.

------------------
NATO Member
88 TC X 2, 86 SVO, Main TC with K&N, 3"DP to 2.5"duals through Dynamax, Ric valve at 17+ and disconnected KS. Elite Bodega 16" chrome wheels. Autometer pod w/ A/F and Vac/boost gauges.140 mph Motorsports Speedo New engine: Total Seal rings and TRW pistons, ported and polished head w/ cc'd chambers,1.59"exhausts, SS valves, gutted upper, knife edged lower, A-230 cam, Race Engineering Adj Cam Sprocket, Crowlers, ARP head studs, and rod bolts. Walbro 255 HP pump and Kirban adj FPR, T-3. Centerforce II, KB subs and jack rails.
Pete Dunham

kellyb Offline
That is something similar that I did. See my post in performance stips. As long as everything goes through the K&N and the air meter, your air fuel ratio should be fine. that is why it reads the air flow so it can adjust fuel flow acordingly. But as Pete said you sure don't want any air leaks on the other side. Dirty air and un-metered air will mess you up.

------------------
1987 TC Black out, red in. Tag: TC BIRD 7.
1963 Jag Mark 10 getting 5.0 transplant.
1975 MG Midget. wife's car.
2001 PT Cruiser. Hey, its retro!
fave quote:"No man is a failure who has friends." Clarence the angel.
1987 TC Black out, red in. Tag: TC BIRD 7.
1963 Jag Mark 10 getting 5.0 transplant.
1975 MG Midget. wife's car.
2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade
fave quote:"No man is a failure who has friends." Clarence the angel.

COOKER Offline
Well i looked and it was loose pretty easy fix. but the wife needed to drive it to work so that i could change the oil in her jeep that was a task in it's self with the wind blowing. i change the oil in the TC the day before and it was 2qts short and blacker then the ace of spades. so i really did not get a chance to run it very well. so i think i'll take it for a good run this weekend!!!!
DAVE COOK
NEED MY TC BACK