North American Turbocoupe Organization

Brent from Oklahoma
Birdbrain Offline
Brent from Piedmont Oklahoma. Just bought my first 88 TC. Paid 2k for it. Overall decent shape. 94k on it. Been sitting since 2005. Runs on spray. In the process of replacing the fuel tank, pump, sender, and filter. Will prolly wind up replacing the injectors judging by the tank (last pic). Anyways, that’s the car and thanks for having me.

Attached Files Image(s)

Birdbrain Offline
Sorry bout the sideways pics. Should’ve previewed the post

BradM Offline
Welcome to the club. Nice color combo and looks complete. Tanks are cheap. Good time to put in the Walbro 255lph pump and bigger injectors to future proof your build...lots of bolt-on horsepower for these.
1965 Mercury Comet Caliente; 1968 Mercury Monterey; 1969 F100 Ranger; 1982 Mustang; 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe; 2017 Police Interceptor
Birdbrain likes this post

Birdbrain Offline
Well I went with a Precision from Oreilly. My understanding is that the boost is turned down on these? So once I get it ironed out and running, I’ll reach out to Stinger and see what they have to offer for non-invasive power boosts. Planning on daily driving this so wanted to keep it mild.

Chas K 88 Offline
Welcome to the club, a member closer to you will be stopping by to show you the secret handshake. You don't know it yet but you just stole one of the best cars Ford ever built. Once you get it running right and daily driving it, you'll begin to realize that. Too bad it sat so long unattended. I've owned mine since 06 and just love it, wish I could drive it year round. Of all the cars I've had in my life, the Turbo Coupe is my favorite, I wouldn't trade it straight across for a brand new Mustaro.
Be careful putting that horn button back on, those 34 year old plastic tabs break easily and good ones getting scarce.
Chas K
Current setup - 88 T-bird, 5 speed, vacuum assist master cylinder, T3/T4 50 trim turbo from Bo-port, oil feed & return lines, 3” turbo down elbow, 3" to 2.5" dual exhaust and PiMPx from Stinger 255LPH fuel pump, CD, trip-minder, RR , K&N, 140 MPH speedo conversion (thanks Jeff K).
Birdbrain likes this post

Birdbrain Offline
Haha It will be hard to beat my current daily which is a 94 Toadmaster wagon. My mom had an 88 Cougar she bought new and drove it forever. Always loved the style and drive. Love the 88 TC body better. And yeah, I broke the horn button pulling it off lol. Come to find out it twists lol