North American Turbocoupe Organization

Stainless Header
rod87tbird Offline
ATR, equal lenght runners????????
87 T-Bird,500 lunati cam,large valves,ported,crower rods,Rod's header,gutted upper,ported lower,3"d-pipe,Aluminum Flywheel,Center Force Clutch,TO4E 57trim stage III Turbo,Air to Water/Dry Ice Intercooler,255Walbro Fuel Pump,K&N

Glenn 88TC Offline
Posting Freak
Quote:Originally posted by rod87tbird:
ATR, equal lenght runners????????

Nope!!! Neither is the Prescion turbo header. Kooks is the only one making a equal lenght header for the 2.3 turbo. They(kooks) guarantee it will crack if used for daily driving. It is a racing only type deal and so no warranty. Check link for pic of Kooks header.
http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/specialties1.html

------------------
Glenn 88TC
current mods: ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), ranger roller, custom upper and ported lower intakes, t3/t4 turbo, powerstroke intercooler mounted full sized, 60mm throttle body, 42lb. injectors, MSD 6al, MSD Launch Control, K&N filter, Walboro 255 pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header, full 3" exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflow muffler, Star stage III ceramic clutch, Tiny Avenger bleed valve, Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15

[This message has been edited by Glenn 88TC (edited 07-08-2002).]
NO TC and NO headaches.

rod87tbird Offline
Looks like the kooks header might be good for a pinto or something.My flange face to flange face is less than 4 inches so that a turbo would bolt up to it without hitting the shock tower.At least for the T-Bird and I can drive over mine with a truck,without any damage.Maybe over kill,but nothing but the best.
Rod http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/00A...ab0180.jpg
87 T-Bird,500 lunati cam,large valves,ported,crower rods,Rod's header,gutted upper,ported lower,3"d-pipe,Aluminum Flywheel,Center Force Clutch,TO4E 57trim stage III Turbo,Air to Water/Dry Ice Intercooler,255Walbro Fuel Pump,K&N

Glenn 88TC Offline
Posting Freak
Quote:Originally posted by rod87tbird:
Looks like the kooks header might be good for a pinto or something.My flange face to flange face is less than 4 inches so that a turbo would bolt up to it without hitting the shock tower.At least for the T-Bird and I can drive over mine with a truck,without any damage.Maybe over kill,but nothing but the best.
Rod http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/00A/66/1E/18/CA/BFryC1jkSutitrRZbzCcXEvVpy9b vqab0180.jpg

I don't think the Kooks header would fit too well either. I love the look of your header. I just need to see some dyno results before I drop more money on another header. If I didn't already have an ATR I would jump on it. Per the turboford site, let RS450 do the dyno comparisson. His car is very powerful and would be a great test mule. Keep us posted.

------------------
Glenn 88TC
current mods: ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), ranger roller, custom upper and ported lower intakes, t3/t4 turbo, powerstroke intercooler mounted full sized, 60mm throttle body, 42lb. injectors, MSD 6al, MSD Launch Control, K&N filter, Walboro 255 pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header, full 3" exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflow muffler, Star stage III ceramic clutch, Tiny Avenger bleed valve, Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15
NO TC and NO headaches.

rod87tbird Offline
Check out this basic page http://www.geocities.com/rod87tbird/mypage.html

Wags88TC Offline
The site is down(I'll check later), what was it about-pics or tech? I'll send ya an e or a pm
Steve Wagner
Nato member
84 SVO
88TC, 5 speed, StageII Star clutch w/ StageIII pressure plate,lightened flywheel, K&N in fender, gillis valve, 255lph Walbro, Kirban adj.FPR,Bypass valve, 3" exhaust (high flow cat/ Magnaflow muffler), A-pillar gauges(A/F & Boost), 16" ARE 5 spoke wheels 7" front 8" rear(225/50VR16 / 245/50VR16 Yokos'). Subframe connectors

Hybridbird Offline
Posting Freak
O.K.How could this think NOT flow better than even a ported E-6? Shouldn't just the size of the tubes and and the mandrel smooth bends inside almost guarantee it?Also,shouldn't the stainless disapate heat much faster than the thick cast-iron?

------------------
Too much fun, what's that mean?That's like too much boost,there's no such thing.
"Finch....get the f*ck away from that Ficus......that's a jizz-free Ficus!"

rod87tbird Offline
Stainless retains heat,a good thing for a turbo motor
Rod