North American Turbocoupe Organization

blackbird83 Offline
Hello everyone, I finally decided to join the NATO community. I'm a member of the turboford site too. I own an 83-thunderbird turbo coupe and after many years of working on it, I'm about ready get it out and start driving it a little more. I've had it out a few times to do some (pimp) tuning and I have to admit I really enjoy it. I could go on and on about this and that but I'll spare ya the boring details. I'm the 3rd owner of this car and it's never seen snow/winter. The engine has been rebuilt with plenty of stinger parts i.e. pistons/rings, intercooler, exhaust, pimp, injectors, etc. to go along with the Esslinger aluminum head. It has an 8.8 rear with 3.73 gears and recently added 17" cobra wheels/Nitto tires. Recently i tried to put an 88 hood on it and found the hinges to be different, so I found some on e-bay and bought them only to have one of the springs break when I was cleaning them up, sooooo if anyone has a left hood hinge from an 88 Thunderbird I'm interested. (I'll be posting in the wanted section after while)     
Scott

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
Welcome to NATO, Scott!!
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

TBirdO Offline
Hello all! Oscar here. 87 Turbo coup 5spd fully stock. Will be building up soon! Loving it already

88turbomajor Offline
(08-31-2022, 12:08 AM)TBirdO Wrote: Hello all! Oscar here. 87 Turbo coup 5spd fully stock. Will be building up soon! Loving it already

Welcome!  This is a great source of information!  Enjoy your 'Bird!
1984 Mercury Cougar 5.0L LS Silver/Gray
(New 5.0L long block with E7 heads, HO cam with Flowmaster Super 10's)
Previous: 1988 Turbo Coupe

88turbomajor Offline
(08-30-2022, 05:17 PM)blackbird83 Wrote: Hello everyone, I finally decided to join the NATO community. I'm a member of the turboford site too. I own an 83-thunderbird turbo coupe and after many years of working on it, I'm about ready get it out and start driving it a little more. I've had it out a few times to do some (pimp) tuning and I have to admit I really enjoy it. I could go on and on about this and that but I'll spare ya the boring details. I'm the 3rd owner of this car and it's never seen snow/winter. The engine has been rebuilt with plenty of stinger parts i.e. pistons/rings, intercooler, exhaust, pimp, injectors, etc. to go along with the Esslinger aluminum head. It has an 8.8 rear with 3.73 gears and recently added 17" cobra wheels/Nitto tires. Recently i tried to put an 88 hood on it and found the hinges to be different, so I found some on e-bay and bought them only to have one of the springs break when I was cleaning them up, sooooo if anyone has a left hood hinge from an 88 Thunderbird I'm interested. (I'll be posting in the wanted section after while)     
Scott

Welcome Scott!   Best of luck getting her all buttoned up!
1984 Mercury Cougar 5.0L LS Silver/Gray
(New 5.0L long block with E7 heads, HO cam with Flowmaster Super 10's)
Previous: 1988 Turbo Coupe