North American Turbocoupe Organization

Headers With A/C?
DaleLeo Offline
Hi

Has anyone added headers and kept thier A/C operative?

If so, Vendor P/N would be most appreciated.

I've only seen headers non compatible with A/C and I'm looking for alteratives.

Thanks you!

Dale

spittinfire Offline
The closest thing that I know of still in current production is the Gnari manifold. I believe it has addressed some of the cracking issues but I don't know how much more it flows over a stock manifold.
DaleLeo likes this post

BradM Offline
Gnari does work with AC. It's not a header and I recall seeing some testing that showed Gnari flows better than OEM. It's certainly bigger and you can look through the turbo flange straight to the #3 port. You can't do that with OEM.
1965 Mercury Comet Caliente; 1968 Mercury Monterey; 1969 F100 Ranger; 1982 Mustang; 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe; 2017 Police Interceptor

DaleLeo Offline
(08-01-2022, 12:13 PM)spittinfire Wrote: The closest thing that I know of still in current production is the Gnari manifold.  I believe it has addressed some of the cracking issues but I don't know how much more it flows over a stock manifold.

Thank you very much!  This information was very helpful

DaleLeo Offline
(08-02-2022, 09:56 PM)BradM Wrote: Gnari does work with AC. It's not a header and I recall seeing some testing that showed Gnari flows better than OEM. It's certainly bigger and you can look through the turbo flange straight to the #3 port. You can't do that with OEM.

Brad, Thank You!

Do you have one?  Have you been satisfied?

BradM Offline
I do have one. But I installed it along with a T3/T4 Garrett, 3" DP with dual 2.5" exhaust (FlowMaster FlowFX), FMIC, and PiPMx so you can't tell what kind of improvement you get with it alone. But visually it has much bigger chambers.

Attached Files Image(s)

1965 Mercury Comet Caliente; 1968 Mercury Monterey; 1969 F100 Ranger; 1982 Mustang; 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe; 2017 Police Interceptor

DaleLeo Offline
(08-03-2022, 01:10 PM)BradM Wrote: I do have one. But I installed it along with a T3/T4 Garrett, 3" DP with dual 2.5" exhaust (FlowMaster FlowFX), FMIC, and PiPMx so you can't tell what kind of improvement you get with it alone. But visually it has much bigger chambers.

Thank you Brad

John B Offline
I also have a gnari manifold on my 88. Same as Brad, it is tough to tell the kind of improvement because I installed it with several other modifications. I did port the manifold a little more to gasket match on the turbo side. Overall, I like the manifold. Haven't had any issues with it over the last 4 years
88 Turbo Coupe: Front mount intercooler, MGW short throw shifter, full coilover conversion, tubular control arms front and rear, svo front brakes, vacuum assist brake swap, manual steering swap, GT35R turbo with external gate, pimpx ecu, 60lb injectors, 3 core aluminum radiator, Boport 1.5 cam, gutted upper, corbeau fixed back seats, and the list goes on.

DaleLeo Offline
(08-03-2022, 07:20 PM)John B Wrote: I also have a gnari manifold on my 88. Same as Brad, it is tough to tell the kind of improvement because I installed it with several other modifications. I did port the manifold a little more to gasket match on the turbo side. Overall, I like the manifold. Haven't had any issues with it over the last 4 years

Thank you John