North American Turbocoupe Organization

Thread pitch
BabyBlueBird Offline
Does anyone know the thread pitch for the EGR tube flare nut? I can’t get the bolt on the exhaust manifold off and this is my only other option. 

Attached Files Image(s)

88Slowbird likes this post

BradM Offline
I don't and I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Are you deleting the EGR and looking to cap the line? Regardless, you can use a thread pitch gauge ($10 on Amazon) or take your EGR valve to Home Depot/Lowes/ACE to determine the size.
1965 Mercury Comet Caliente; 1968 Mercury Monterey; 1969 F100 Ranger; 1982 Mustang; 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe; 2017 Police Interceptor

BabyBlueBird Offline
(07-18-2022, 07:46 PM)BradM Wrote: I don't and I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Are you deleting the EGR and looking to cap the line? Regardless, you can use a thread pitch gauge ($10 on Amazon) or take your EGR valve to Home Depot/Lowes/ACE to determine the size.

I am deleting it. I was going to remove the whole tube but I can’t get the nut on the manifold to break loose.

BradM Offline
If you need to keep the line in place, you can keep the line connected to the EGR valve and sandwich a blocking plate between the valve and intake.
1965 Mercury Comet Caliente; 1968 Mercury Monterey; 1969 F100 Ranger; 1982 Mustang; 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe; 2017 Police Interceptor