North American Turbocoupe Organization

1988 tbird/cougar pull strap bases & covers
andrewjs18 Offline
Administrator
I finally got this project buttoned up.  I had the 'chrome' bases and top covers sent out to be professionally scanned and modeled to within a few thousandths of the OEM parts (per the designer).  After some testing with Shawn & BJL in various different 3d materials, we decided on the best material to use for this project and I had a bunch printed up.

These are 3d printed in white (off white or beige depending on the manufacturer at the time) Nylon PA12 material and can be dyed using any paint/dye that is approved for nylon, per the manufacturer of these parts.

The items can be purchased directly through our site: https://23parts.com/#!/3dparts

Here's a few photos...

bases:

[Image: tStNnlf.jpg]

[Image: QKvtcCR.jpg]

[Image: FXnDPG3.jpg]

[Image: w6ICvd8.jpg]

top covers:

[Image: XYY0nbr.jpg]

[Image: Iy0nnHd.jpg]

[Image: I5CA6D8.jpg]

[Image: HRAK9at.jpg]
Mikey97D, 88Slowbird and spittinfire like this post

Mikey97D Offline
Nice!

Any pictures of it dyed and installed?
1988 TC, 5 spd, Stinger 3" Exhaust, Schneider Roller Cam, -4° Cam Pulley, Cone Filter, Gilles Boost Control Valve set at 17 psi, Walbro 255 lph, CHE Rear Lower and Upper Control Arms, Braided Brake Lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 Front and HPS (F) Rear, CRES Inserts in front calipers, and '93 Cobra Wheels with General 235/50R17 Tires.   

andrewjs18 Offline
Administrator
(03-31-2022, 12:30 PM)Mikey97D Wrote: Nice!

Any pictures of it dyed and installed?

I do have a photo of them installed..photos courtesy of Shawn Novak...

[Image: pKdouHF.jpg]

[Image: BCpM96Q.jpg]

BJL did paint them, but I'm not sure what type of paint he used. Per the manufacturer of these parts, paint/dye that is approved for nylon should be used on these parts:

[Image: vDXuIsZ.jpg]
Mikey97D likes this post