North American Turbocoupe Organization

Boost leak?.
Adrock Offline
So why am I hearing my boost venting to atmosphere? It sounds like I have a blow off valve with two light of a spring or one that is stuck open. But as I understand my car with the ihi baby turbo doesn't even have a blow off valve correct? So where is it coming from why do I hear it so loud and why is it happening?

BigJake Offline
Check your intercooler turbo, throttle body hoses for damage or blown off.
1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe 5 speed Boosting 25 PSI with Boport/Stinger parts !
Jeff K and Adrock like this post

Mikey97D Offline
The coupling between the intercooler and turbo went bad on mine probably because of all the heat coming off the turbo. I replaced the coupling to fix because the original was in very bad shape.
1988 TC, 5 spd, Stinger 3" Exhaust, Schneider Roller Cam, -4° Cam Pulley, Cone Filter, Gilles Boost Control Valve set at 17 psi, Walbro 255 lph, CHE Rear Lower and Upper Control Arms, Braided Brake Lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 Front and HPS (F) Rear, CRES Inserts in front calipers, and '93 Cobra Wheels with General 235/50R17 Tires.   

Jeff K Online
Administrator
Within a year or so of getting my TC the turbo to stock IC blew at 15 psi boost. It split nearly in half and made a HUGE bang. Got some replacement silicone hoses and T bolt clamps that have have held up fine at 24 psi boost for the last 21 years.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

Adrock Offline
That was it. Thanks guys
Mikey97D likes this post