North American Turbocoupe Organization

4 inch speakers in the dash
Cleven Offline
Now that I got all my required repairs done on my bird its time to move on to extras. All the speakers are blown and radio is trashed. I have a new radio, 6x9,s and 6.5 speakers. My question is i know the dash is 3.5 BUT can you fit 4 inch in there or is it gonna be to big? I have some 4inch speakers laying around that's why I'm asking

88Slowbird Offline
(01-10-2022, 12:16 AM)Cleven Wrote: Now that I got all my required repairs done on my bird its time to move on to extras. All the speakers are blown and radio is trashed. I have a new radio, 6x9,s and 6.5 speakers. My question is i know the dash is 3.5 BUT can you fit 4 inch in there or is it gonna be to big? I have some 4inch speakers laying around that's why I'm asking

you'll have to cut into the dash which isn't great

also the rear speakers are 6x8 you can't fit 6x9 (I've tried lol) only way to run 6x9 would be to mount them on top of the deck with a spacer
1985 SVO: Pro 5.0 Shifter, Boport valve springs, Manual boost controller, AEM wideband
1985 TC 5 Speed

Cleven Offline
Don't know how but the old owner put 6x9's in it back in the 90's lol. Yeah i just went to walmart and got some 3.5 speakers and than put the ones i had in the door. Much better sounding . the rears looked and sounded ok so I left them alone