North American Turbocoupe Organization

Ron Francis engine harness in 88TC
John B Offline
Has anyone installed a ron francis engine harness in their 87/88 TC? I really want to clean up the engine bay. My 88 is on a Pimpx, ride control is gone, and car has been converted to vacuum assist (no ABS). I believe the batch fire harness sold through Stinger would be pretty plug and play at this point. Any thoughts? Anything I'm potentially missing that would be an issue?
88 Turbo Coupe: Front mount intercooler, MGW short throw shifter, full coilover conversion, tubular control arms front and rear, svo front brakes, vacuum assist brake swap, manual steering swap, GT35R turbo with external gate, pimpx ecu, 60lb injectors, 3 core aluminum radiator, Boport 1.5 cam, gutted upper, corbeau fixed back seats, and the list goes on.

Kuch Offline
John,
That is a great idea on swapping harness to clean things up a little, I also installed a PimpX in my 88 and found that Shannon at Stinger is very helpful with questions. I would shoot him an email asking your same question to see what he says. But being a plug and play harness, it should all you need to run, as far as the extra stuff, I'm not sure on that though.
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low

John B Offline
(01-09-2022, 12:20 PM)Kuch Wrote: John,
That is a great idea on swapping harness to clean things up a little, I also installed a PimpX in my 88 and found that Shannon at Stinger is very helpful with questions. I would shoot him an email asking your same question to see what he says. But being a plug and play harness, it should all you need to run, as far as the extra stuff, I'm not sure on that though.

Thank you Kuch, I do have a thread going on Stinger's website too. According to Stinger, the harness has everything in the sense that it doesn't require any external components to run. It also includes relays that would effectively replace the IRCM. I'm not sure when I will do this project but I'll be sure to comment on my experience here.
88 Turbo Coupe: Front mount intercooler, MGW short throw shifter, full coilover conversion, tubular control arms front and rear, svo front brakes, vacuum assist brake swap, manual steering swap, GT35R turbo with external gate, pimpx ecu, 60lb injectors, 3 core aluminum radiator, Boport 1.5 cam, gutted upper, corbeau fixed back seats, and the list goes on.