North American Turbocoupe Organization

I Need A Transmission
JetHead Offline
I need a new transmission for my 1988 2.3L automatic. I can either have it rebuilt or buy one already done for roughly the same price. I’ve rebuilt it before but don’t have time now. The ones I’ve found online seem to be for a manual, I need one for an automatic. It’s an A4LD. Or maybe if someone on here has one!

88Slowbird Offline
(11-30-2021, 08:02 PM)JetHead Wrote: I need a new transmission for my 1988 2.3L automatic. I can either have it rebuilt or buy one already done for roughly the same price. I’ve rebuilt it before but don’t have time now. The ones I’ve found online seem to be for a manual, I need one for an automatic. It’s an A4LD. Or maybe if someone on here has one!

the 87-88 turbo coupe A4LD isn't anything special so you can use an A4LD from the 2.3 NA mustangs or any other ford equipped with it really
1985 SVO: Pro 5.0 Shifter, Boport valve springs, Manual boost controller, AEM wideband
1985 TC 5 Speed

spittinfire Offline
I have an automatic in my 88 that I'm getting ready to 5 speed swap. I'll have no use for it after the swap and I don't think these cars are valuable enough to keep original parts just for the sake of keeping them so if you want it and are willing to ship it I'm sure we can work something out.

JetHead Offline
(12-01-2021, 12:19 PM)spittinfire Wrote: I have an automatic in my 88 that I'm getting ready to 5 speed swap.  I'll have no use for it after the swap and I don't think these cars are valuable enough to keep original parts just for the sake of keeping them so if you want it and are willing to ship it I'm sure we can work something out.

When do you plan on doing it? This is my daily driver so I’m going to need it asap. Where do you live? I might be able to drive out and get it.