North American Turbocoupe Organization

Newbie (HELP)
Turboscott Offline
And yes jumping pins is the only way I know to check them jeff

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
CEL on dim with key OFF indicates to me either an ignition switch problem or a PCM ground problem.

Ignition switch failure is a relatively common on all 80s era Fords. I am on the third ignition switch on my 86 Tbird 5.0 V8 at 140K miles (bought new in January 1986), and second ignition switch on my 88 TC since I bought it 21 years /110+K miles ago. I have no idea if the previous owner(s) ever replaced the switch before I got the TC. I carry a spare ignition switch with me at all times in both Tbirds, as they are our go to cars for long (2000+ mile) road trips.

The 2 relatively thick wires with the big cyllinderical splice that go to the battery negative terminal are the PCM ground (PCM pins 40 and 60). Be sure those wires are in good condition and the connection to the batt negtive terminal are in good shape, not corroded, etc
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

Turboscott Offline
Jeff I’m trying to add a attachment picture but it’s not letting me. I have 2 larger black and light green wires that go into 1 white wire and it has another white wire that’s connected to a plug?? Is that it? The plug looks like a 120 volt plug with no ground? Is that it? Please help, this is driving me crazy.

Turboscott Offline
The rest of the story is my car when I got it didn’t have the negative cable on it at all. And I can’t find the other end of the green and black wire. The only black and green wires I show is 2 larger ones that go into a white wire then a plug. The other side of the ? has a white large wire also. But when I turn the key on in energizes them. On being hot and one being a ground. So I’m lost man. There is no other black with green stripe wires by the battery. I’ve had the battery tray out and all. This is all I lack of having the car drivable and it’s so frustrating!!!

Turboscott Offline
Picture

Turboscott Offline
Got it running!! Thank god!!
spittinfire and Mikey97D like this post

Turboscott Offline
Guys I’m in bad need of a float for fuel level sender for a 87-88! Or the whole assembly. Really don’t want my 16-17yr old driving around not knowing gas level. In my time wouldnt thought twice about it.

Turboscott Offline
Guys I’m in bad need of a float for fuel level sender for a 87-88! Or the whole assembly. Really don’t want my 16-17yr old driving around not knowing gas level. In my time wouldnt thought twice about it.

Rampantcolt Offline
I can’t help you with the fuel sender/float but I sure would like to see some pictures of the car.

Turboscott Offline
Does anyone have a header for sale for stock location turbo?? My sons turbo continues to come loose. I’ve double nutted, lock washer, lock tight! Tried about everything. THanks