North American Turbocoupe Organization

Wanted: 88 T/C Oil Cooler
spittinfire Offline
Anyone have a spare factory oil cooler for an 88 they would be willing to part with?  I changed the oil for the first time on my recently purchased car and apparently bumped something because now my cooler leaks water.  It looks to have some rust on it but nothing terrible.  Is this a common problem?

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
Are you sure the leak isnt from the coolant hoses? I bet the hoses to the oil cooler are original as they are somewhat hidden. Pressure test the cooling system to verify the location of the leak. If the hoses leak, just pick up some 5/8" 90 degree hoses from the parts store or Ebay and cut to fit.

Some have removed the oil cooler with no obvious issues. With it removed, you can fit the longer Motorcraft FL1A oil filter.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

spittinfire Offline
I’ll double check but I suspect the cooler because I don’t remember seeing anything wet around the hoses. They are original though and I’ve already picked up some hoses to replace them. 
Been traveling for nearly a week but on my way home now.