North American Turbocoupe Organization

Has anyone tried to find tires lately???
G-Rage Offline
My 2013 Firestone Indy500 tires may need replacing and I started looking for replacement rubber and was shocked to see hardly ANYONE is offering performance oriented tires in 235/55-16.
freestone and Goodyear didn't have anything except for all season/touring/mini-van tread....

I guess ebay ??? (edit, NOPE nothing there either )

I look forward to hearing some good news. 

Edit, going to have to buy stock size 225/60 where there are some slightly perf oriented tires, or move to 17" wheels.
87 Black 5 spd, 47K miles, all original (minimally modified) survivor.

Thor Power Offline
I know what you mean. I had stopped looking for replacement around 2015 for my "16"'s and moved up to "18"'s. It was a wider selection, unfortunately, you would have to not use factory "Turbo Coupe" wheels anymore.
88 Sports "Thor" disassembled
88 Grey 5spd Turbocoupe "Hooptie" ('09 Calendar) Parted out & crushed.(Tbird Heaven)
88 Black 5spd Turbocoupe Parted out & crushed. (Tbird Heaven)
88 Red 5spd Turbocoupe (newest member)
02 Lincoln Continental (road warrior)
06 Mercury Grand Marguis (custom duals like the Marauder)

Jeff K Online
Administrator
I have 245/50/16 Generals on my 88 TC, mounted on aftermarket Cobra R's with the correct FOX Tbird backspace / offset. They are within a mm or 2 of the stock diameter tire so the speedometer still reads correctly. Perfect fit.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

G-Rage Offline
(04-02-2021, 08:26 PM)Jeff K Wrote: I have 245/50/16 Generals on my 88 TC, mounted on aftermarket Cobra R's with the correct FOX Tbird backspace / offset.  They are within a mm or 2 of the stock diameter tire so the speedometer still reads correctly. Perfect fit.

Thanks Jeff, looks like I made a mountain out of a mole hill.   lot more choices in that size. 
Do they bulge out a lot from the rim?

Jeff K Online
Administrator
No real bulging that I can see. They fit perfectly, and do a decent job filling the wheel well. My TC is not lowered....stock springs all around.

I have been buying my tires for all our cars from Tire Rack forever. They have a warehouse only 120 miles from me, so I typically get them within 2 days of ordering them.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

ABird Offline
Tire Rack will warn you if the tire is not fitted for the car.  For example, I have a 91 Lincoln Town Car with 215/65R15, it is supposed to have 215/70-15.  The car is too heavy for the tire that I have fitted.  The recommendation is to run more air in the tire.
AES