North American Turbocoupe Organization

LOWER CONTROL ARM BALL JOINTS
87TurboBird2.3 Offline
(03-26-2021, 02:51 AM)Daniel T Wrote: I changed mine recently and all it took was a small sledge hammer to pop it out,,I was also thinking in just buying the sn95 complete arms but I didn't.

I wish mine were that easy. I've used a ball joint remover and bent the C-Clamp and also a 20 ton press, PB blaster, and heat and still can't get it out. That's a lot of pressure and force being applied that a sledge hammer can't match. I've never not been able to remove a ball joint before. I can honestly say this is a first. I'm just thankful there's a replacement a-arm that I can use and honestly, in hindsight, I think this was a blessing in disguise. The A-Arms weren't that expensive and I'm also getting new bushings along with a new ball joint. I'm also thankful for everyone's help and advice. Thank you.

Daniel T Offline
That must've been stuck like crazy then!!

teal95 Offline
IIRC the ball joints are different heights between SN95 and fox Mustangs as are the spindle thicknesses. So if using SN95 arms you might have to change the ball joints out or use washers under the castle nut.
'83 & '84 GT turbo EEC-Tuner
'85.5 & '86 SVO twEECer
2x '87 & '88 TC QuarterHorse
'93 LX 5.0 notch Moates chips
3x '95 & '96 GT