North American Turbocoupe Organization

E6 manifold
87tcoupe Offline
Ok about to install the new E6, What gaskets do should I replace if any (remember I am new to this turboworld). Also is there anything I need to look out for? Suggestions and pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all very much

Joe F Offline
Posting Freak
No gasket between manifold and head. Stainless steel "gasket" between manifold and turbo, should be available from Ford, part # E3ZZ-9450-A, comes in a pkg. of two.

Watch out for frozen bolts and nuts when taking it all apart. Be sure to use antisieze compound when reassembling. Be real careful when removing the oil return line, they like to break and IIRC are obsolete from Ford. Don't reuse your oil feed line (especially if installing a new turbo), it's asking for trouble.

That's all I can think of, I'm sure people will chime in with more. HTH, good luck.
JR's Place - My '87 Turbocoupe

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
I always use a THIN layer of high temp RTV between the head an exhaust manifold.

You can also get the Felpro #ES72811 gasket kit at any parts store, Contains the turbo to manifold gasket, oil return gasket, and a few other gaskets for about $10.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

Joe F Offline
Posting Freak
Me, too. I forgot to mention the RTV.

Ryan H Offline
Posting Freak
Hm, never knew about the RTV. Why is this?

I vote for the FelPro kit also. It comes with new gaskets for the turbo, a turbo to manifold gasket, and a (you shouldn't use it) manifold to head gasket.
'88 TC Smile Walbro 255HP, Stinger FMIC, PIT BOV, Pro 5.0, Kirban, RR cam, FRPP strut tower brace, T3

87tcoupe Offline
Well thanks everyone. Where should I look for a new Oil return line then? And a dependable one also. Thank you

Pete D Offline
Administrator
There are 3-4 vendors on the Vendors page that sell braided return lines. Or you can spend the big bucks and get an original type: http://home.flash.net/~jewhelan/svo.htm

Scroll down about 2/3s
Pete Dunham

Joe F Offline
Posting Freak
Quote:Originally posted by Ryan H:
Hm, never knew about the RTV. Why is this?
Helps seal a bit, but not thick like a gasket. Besides, it makes me feel good. Big Grin