North American Turbocoupe Organization

Christmas present to myself
fred k Offline
(01-02-2021, 05:18 PM)Kuch Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 02:37 PM)BradM Wrote: Thanks everyone. Sorry, no FE's (but the Monterey had one). The Monterey was my first craigslist build. It's an Arizona car but was a roller in primer. The previous owner disassembled the entire car and put it in boxes and Ziploc bags. The challenge was to figure out how to put it back together. I found a first-year 429 BB and C6 out of a '68 T-Bird (an omen?). Only T-birds and Lincolns got the 429 in '68. If you know BB's, it's a factory flat-top piston engine with 10.5:1 compression and 490 ft-lb of torque. They built them for 6 years, neutered them a little each year, and then used them in trucks-only after '73. I rebuilt it and added a bigger cam, Edelbrock heads, intake, posi, and headers. It's a tire burner. The Comet is running it's original 49k mile 289 but with AFR heads, bigger cam, intake, headers, posi, 4-wheel disc, 4-link, coilovers, etc. I intend to autocross it. Where do I find the gallery of everyone's cars on this site? I see some awesome cars described in your signatures.

Here is my 64 XL as it looks now with factory wheel covers and red wheels, I haven't driven her in about 4 years though and she still sits in my garage. I got the car in 1989 and have had it since. The other pic of her is how she looked in the 90's when I drove it a lot, it had chrome reverse wheels that my father bought way back in the 70's for his 57 Fairlane 500. Car has a built 390, solid cam, headers, toploader 4 speed, 3.89 gears and a factory tri power intake. The 60 Starliner I had since 1992, still sits in my garage and honestly haven't driven her since 2006, I have to get her out more for sure. As she sits now, it is lowered 2", sitting on wide whites, with a 292 Y block, 3 speed column, factory 312 4 bbl intake, dual exhaust with straight pipes. Nothing better than a Y BLock with straight pipes and twin factory option rear mount antennas. I also need to get some more current pics of her. Both your Mercs are awesome and yes I know the 385 series BB's, I just always messed with FE's more.

64's had the sweetest lines.  Cousin had one and I loved it.  If I find one it will be in the corral!  Copying this pic. and making a picture.

Thanks for sharing,

Fred
fred l kennedy

Kuch Offline
(01-03-2021, 12:04 AM)ABird Wrote: Wow, all really nice cars.  I'm just going to throw this out.  I have a 56' Thunderbird project car that I would like to sell.  I've had some interest, but I'm not sure I'm going about it the right way.  Any suggestions?

ABird,
Not sure what you have tried so far, but advertising in Hemmings is a great way to expand your potential buyer pool. Also, as you are in PA, maybe trailering it to Ford Carlisle to sell. Are there specific questions or concerns that you have for selling it?
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low

ABird Offline
(01-04-2021, 12:05 PM)Kuch Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 12:04 AM)ABird Wrote: Wow, all really nice cars.  I'm just going to throw this out.  I have a 56' Thunderbird project car that I would like to sell.  I've had some interest, but I'm not sure I'm going about it the right way.  Any suggestions?

ABird,
Not sure what you have tried so far, but advertising in Hemmings is a great way to expand your potential buyer pool. Also, as you are in PA, maybe trailering it to Ford Carlisle to sell. Are there specific questions or concerns that you have for selling it?

Thanks Kuch, I tried Auto Roundup and ITC script.  It is in a similar state as the project Monterey that BradM put back together, except the body is on a rotisserie, ready for paint.  The chassis is restored and rolling.  Trailering it to Carlisle is a good option.  I'll try Hemmings next.
AES

Hawk Offline
I'm envious. You found one in my favorite color, medium canyon red metallic. It looks like it has the Raven leather interior as well. That is the car I was looking to buy for the past 25 years.