North American Turbocoupe Organization

Re: 88TC Parts
SOFA Offline
If this is a manual trans car, do you have the Y-pipe, aft of the cat? Also, did it still have working PRC struts? If yes to either, please let me know--I'd be interested.

SOFA

OLDNAVFLY Offline
Looking for my 88T'Bird (1) Driver's side front Seatbelt Receiver with Wiring/Connector (2) Drivers side Exhaust Hangers

88turbomajor Offline
(06-07-2022, 04:53 AM)OLDNAVFLY Wrote: Looking for my 88T'Bird (1) Driver's side front Seatbelt Receiver with Wiring/Connector (2) Drivers side Exhaust Hangers (3) Possible Radio Power Antenna

3) I have a power antenna still attached to the quarter panel.  So... I have one.  Not sure if it works or not.  Let me know...  Joe
1984 Mercury Cougar 5.0L LS Silver/Gray
(New 5.0L long block with E7 heads, HO cam with Flowmaster Super 10's)
Previous: 1988 Turbo Coupe

88turbomajor Offline
(06-09-2022, 02:54 AM)OLDNAVFLY Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 01:46 PM)88turbomajor Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 04:53 AM)OLDNAVFLY Wrote: Looking for my 88T'Bird (1) Driver's side front Seatbelt Receiver with Wiring/Connector (2) Drivers side Exhaust Hangers (3) Possible Radio Power Antenna

3) I have a power antenna still attached to the quarter panel.  So... I have one.  Not sure if it works or not.  Let me know...  Joe
If you could somehow zap 12V to the Ant motor so I would know if the Ant fully extends (or not), I would be interested. I have located New Power Ant on Ebay & since I'm an Old Vet on Soc Sec, I kinda gotta pinch pennies. Don't know if you'd want to do the above AND sell it for what I could pay!  Let me know. Thanks!!!!

Ok. Let me see if i can bring her back to life with a jolt.....

I took the antenna off and there are 3 wires coming from the module above the motor: Red, Black and Blue.  I put red on hot, and black on neg and nothing worked.  Maybe I did it wrong....but I got nothing....

Any suggestions?

88turbomajor Offline
(06-10-2022, 09:59 PM)OLDNAVFLY Wrote: I checked my Ford EVTManual and am looking at info provided on a Power Antenna NEW Replacement kit. the listing shows pictures and instructions. The Black wire MUST be connected to Battery Negative!  Next, attach the RED wire to the battery Positive! The Antenna is WORKING if it extends when the GREEN wire is linked to the Battery Positve, also!

Got it!  It worked fine.  Extended all the way.  Now I don't know how to retract it.  LOL.   So, that new one is $50.00 on ebay.   How's $25 plus $5 for shipping?

Let me know.

88turbomajor Offline
(06-11-2022, 11:03 PM)OLDNAVFLY Wrote: OK! Just a couple of last things (Patience please). While it is fully extended, can you measure the total mast height. On Ebay site, it notes mast extension should be 39". A 55" detachable cable. Can you provide the parts they show in picture and diagram? I'm guessing that IF the Black wire is again connected to Batt neg  (Red and Green wire NOT attached); THEN attach the GREEN wire to Posit THEN attach the RED wire---I think the mast should retract!!! Obviously, I could not buy if it doesn't retract!!  Can you take a picture of ALL (as above) as the Ebay diagram lays out ????  After all of your labor---- my Soc Sec income would only allow me to gamble (on a used item) a TOTAL (incl shipping) of $25. If this is too low, I would understand. Just let me know . Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so that worked.  It retracted just fine.  It measures 31 inches fully extended.  I have no other parts except the unit itself.  No cables, nothing. Just by looking at the one on EBAY, if you don't have the wiring, you'd probably be better off getting the OEM one.  

[attachment=2090]

[email protected] Offline
Any chance you have a power antenna switch for an 87/88 ? I just found out the bezel assy was changed from the 85/86 model and those switches won’t fit in the later assemblies.

John

[email protected]

ABird Offline
Hi John, I have an antenna switch and the bezel. Let me know what you need.
AES