North American Turbocoupe Organization

Fuel Injectors
RocketshipChair Offline
Hi guys,
My bird is acting up again. It seems as though at least one of my fuel injectors has trouble opening at idle if the car is started with a warm engine. The same injector seems to get stuck open occassionally too. I've run a couple bottles of lucas fuel injector cleaner through the gas tank. The problem seems better but it still will cause the car to stall at idle occassionally. I called my ford dealer and the injectors aren't available. Seems like napa stocks replacements but they're $46 plus shipping a piece. I was wondering what brands or places you folks suggest buying new injectors from or if I should how a shop do a pressurized cleaning of my injectors (though it seems that the injectors components are failing--not just dirty)

Thanks
Andrew
88 Turbo Bird 5 spd no mods

Pete D Offline
Administrator
I'd get them cleaned and flowed or get another used replacement set and get them cleaned.

A lot of us have used this olace;
http://www.cruzinperformance.com/
Ask for Rich
Pete Dunham

JT Offline
Posting Freak
Agreed with Pete. I've used Rich at Cruzin Performance to clean and flow test sets of injectors over the years with great product and service results. Having them flowed and matched is a plus, especially on batch fired systems (such as the TCs) that can't individually control injectors.

Not B Anymore Offline
Administrator
Last time I switched mine out, I bought remans from Rock Auto. They sell 'em for like $28 +$10 core. My intention was to have the original injectors cleaned and flowed after swapping them, but I've had 7 (don't know exactly how I ended up with 7) injectors sitting on a shelf for the past year.
Brian Leavitt
'86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83 lb. injectors | T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller | Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | 20psi | 120-amp 3G | 8.8" 3.55 rear | '03 Cobra Wheels

RocketshipChair Offline
I purchased a used set of brown tops from a fellow forumn member. I sent them out to be cleaned and flowed at cruzin. I just got them back and installed them Saturday. Found a nice big puddle of fuel next to two of the old injectors. Definately explains the stalling and loss in performance. What difference with the new ones! Thanks for all the advice.
Andrew
88 Turbo Bird 5 spd no mods

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Don't throw theold ones away yet, They may have leaked due to faulty dried out o-ring. Those you can replace your self, cheap. Then you have spares
Pete Dunham