North American Turbocoupe Organization

Approximate Value?
88MNTC Offline
Hello,

I am new to the site and am thinking seriously about purchasing an 88 TC but am having trouble making sure I am paying a decent price for it.  Owner is asking $5K.  Here is what i know about the car.  Working on pictures but having an issue posting.

-1988 Manual no mods original owner car only driven in the summer.
-96K miles
-no rust
-very clean interior with no dash cracks
-decent original sandalwood paint with one small faded area on RR fender area.  Just a couple minor dings and scratches.
-new timing belt at 65K

Problems:

-A/C needs to be converted
-Drivers seat belt needs to be replaced
-Random high idle issue 
-Some power steering noise
-Automatic ride control switch only seems to work in auto mode
-heater core is shot but owner will have a bypass put in so it won't leak.  I won't need the heat since i would only drive in summer.
-power mirrors don't work
-Doesn't accelerate and rev as quickly as it should.  New fuel pump in 2003 but wondering if that is the culprit?  Have read that the stock fuel pump can be a problem?  I'm sure there could be a lot of reasons for this particular issue.

Any thoughts if $5K is reasonable?  Will work on getting the pics to post.

Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

RC Martin Offline
Posting Freak
For that condition and mileage it's probably worth it. Great car for a mild restomod, like mine Big Grin
Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Bright Canyon Red TuTone, Desert Tan Interior; 1 of 7 in this combo in 1984 according to Marti.  1 of 13,361 TCs in 84.
   Rebuilt, 3-Angle Valve Job, SYB37 "OE/Small" Slider Cam
   Full 3" Stinger Exhaust to Flowmaster 40, Gnari FMIC/Recirc/BPV, MBC @ 18psi, RF-E6 Manifold, Remote-Mount TFI, PC1 and Flowed 35# Injectors, Inline Walboro 255HP, Kirban AFPR
   Rebuilt Suspension -- KYB & Energy Suspension

BJL Offline
any 85-88 tbird with a factory dash with out cracks is worth 5k... becuase then you know the interior was cared for and was most likely garaged.
dash with covers dont count..
that car is stunning in the gold.
Brian Larkin
88TC 330,000 miles
Slightly Modified
Mikey97D likes this post

fred k Offline
Big Grin 
Doubt you'll find one this nice any cheaper.  The mechanical fixes are cheaper than body or interior work and the wheels look incredible.  Definitely a well taken care of garage kept car.  If it were closer I'd like to add it to my stable for that price.
fred l kennedy

88MNTC Offline
Thanks everyone!

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
If I saw that car for sale I would be running to the owner with $5K cash in my pocket. Would even be a good deal $1K more.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

BigJake Offline
Your car is a lot nicer than mine and I paid $3000 for it. Towed it back to Texas and the DMV said it was $1600 dollar vehicle tax wise and was total by a truck weeks later and their insurance cover my cost of the vehicle. You always hear about these $500 car's but I can never find one.

If you really want it I'd show up with 5K in cash and offer 4K and go from there.
1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe 5 speed Boosting 25 PSI with Boport/Stinger parts !