North American Turbocoupe Organization

Maximum Motorsports control arm install..
Kuch Offline
I went out yesterday and installed my rear lower adjustable spring perch MM control arms. Start to finish it took about 2.5 hours to do and was quite simple. The hardest part was moving the mufflers a little with a pry bar to get the factory bolts to slide out and lining up the new bushing holes for the new bolts. Very quality piece from MM with all holes lining up perfect and went together beautifully. My old rubber bushings were pretty loose compared to the new ones, it drives and feels excellent on the road. Compared to the stock arms, these at their lowest point still raised the rear about 1/2 - 3/4 inch with the same springs and no ISO's using the MOOG CC821 springs. One more project done on the TC.
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low

Mikey97D Offline
(05-03-2020, 11:47 AM)Kuch Wrote: I went out yesterday and installed my rear lower adjustable spring perch MM control arms. Start to finish it took about 2.5 hours to do and was quite simple. The hardest part was moving the mufflers a little with a pry bar to get the factory bolts to slide out and lining up the new bushing holes for the new bolts. Very quality piece from MM with all holes lining up perfect and went together beautifully. My old rubber bushings were pretty loose compared to the new ones, it drives and feels excellent on the road. Compared to the stock arms, these at their lowest point still raised the rear about 1/2 - 3/4 inch with the same springs and no ISO's using the MOOG CC821 springs. One more project done on the TC.
Sound good.

If you have time could you measure from the ground to the fender now?  Curious on where it is sitting.
I have the CHE adjustable lowers and the same Moog springs that I will be doing soon.
1988 TC, 5 spd, Stinger 3" Exhaust, Schneider Roller Cam, -4° Cam Pulley, Cone Filter, Gilles Boost Control Valve set at 17 psi, Walbro 255 lph, CHE Rear Lower and Upper Control Arms, Braided Brake Lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 Front and HPS (F) Rear, CRES Inserts in front calipers, and '93 Cobra Wheels with General 235/50R17 Tires.   

Kuch Offline
I just went out this morning and measured. The driver's side is sitting at 26 3/4" and the pass side is at 27 1/4". With all of my spring swaps front and rear, I have always had the pass side about .5" higher than the drivers side and am not sure why. With the stock control arms in the back and the CC821's I was at drivers side 26" and pass 26 3/4". If I cold figure out why one side is higher than the other, Iwould feel much better.
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low

Mikey97D Offline
(05-05-2020, 12:34 PM)Kuch Wrote: I just went out this morning and measured. The driver's side is sitting at 26 3/4" and the pass side is at 27 1/4". With all of my spring swaps front and rear, I have always had the pass side about .5" higher than the drivers side and am not sure why. With the stock control arms in the back and the CC821's I was at drivers side 26" and pass 26 3/4". If I cold figure out why one side is higher than the other, Iwould feel much better.
I would adjust so the car sat level.  The cars are not made exactly level so a tolerance stack up of .5 to 3/4" is to be expected or if the car was ever in an accident it would contribute.
My car stock is at 27 3/4" in the rear so I should be able to adjust to close after the swap.
1988 TC, 5 spd, Stinger 3" Exhaust, Schneider Roller Cam, -4° Cam Pulley, Cone Filter, Gilles Boost Control Valve set at 17 psi, Walbro 255 lph, CHE Rear Lower and Upper Control Arms, Braided Brake Lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 Front and HPS (F) Rear, CRES Inserts in front calipers, and '93 Cobra Wheels with General 235/50R17 Tires.   

Kuch Offline
Yeah, I agree. Just wish I knew where that extra height is coming from. I do plan on making some adjustments to get it more even for sure. Post some pics of yours when you get it together.
Mikey97D likes this post

Mikey97D Offline
Just picked my car up and it is raining.
With the CHE lower adjustable and upper arms with the CC821's I am sitting a 1/4" higher in the back at 28". I am hoping the spring will settle some and come closer to the original 27 3/4" in the rear.

I will re-measure in a couple weeks after they settle some.

Even in the rain I could tell the difference with how the car stays straight over road irregular surfaces.

Kuch Offline
Did you keep the isolators installed? I am not running any with mine installed and I have mine leveled out at 27". It's odd that yours is higher as the 821's have a lower installed height compared to stock. Mine with stock control arms dropped about an inch from stock, with the MM control arms only about 3/4 drop.

Mikey97D Offline
(05-08-2020, 10:12 PM)Kuch Wrote: Did you keep the isolators installed? I am not running any with mine installed and I have mine leveled out at 27". It's odd that yours is higher as the 821's have a lower installed height compared to stock. Mine with stock control arms dropped about an inch from stock, with the MM control arms only about 3/4 drop.
The CHE say they increase clearance for bigger rear tires so I am not surprised it raised the rear.  IIRC they said it would increase the rear height .5 to .75 with stock springs.  I was taking a SWAG with the Moogs would be close enough.
rmularoni likes this post

RC Martin Offline
Posting Freak
My 84 is 28.5" to the fender, up 3/4" with new springs.

I had about a 1/4" error that I realized was from having the springs clocked wrong. For my new springs, and the OE ones, either side has to clock different to fully grasp the spring perch. The springs do not have a full small loop therefor can only go on one way to grasp the perch in the arm.
Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Bright Canyon Red TuTone, Desert Tan Interior; 1 of 7 in this combo in 1984 according to Marti.  1 of 13,361 TCs in 84.
   Rebuilt, 3-Angle Valve Job, SYB37 "OE/Small" Slider Cam
   Full 3" Stinger Exhaust to Flowmaster 40, Gnari FMIC/Recirc/BPV, MBC @ 18psi, RF-E6 Manifold, Remote-Mount TFI, PC1 and Flowed 35# Injectors, Inline Walboro 255HP, Kirban AFPR
   Rebuilt Suspension -- KYB & Energy Suspension

Kuch Offline
RC, I looked into the spring seats as well when I changed mine, and found a foxbody site that mentioned that both rear springs face the same direction. Which way did you clock yours to fit correctly? I installed mine like in this link, with both facing the same direction. https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/...ce.440202/
This could be why mine is higher on one side than the other.