North American Turbocoupe Organization

2.3 Turbo Motor!!!!!
Stroker_Man Offline
Ok Guys i just got hearing this 2.3 in a 88 turbo coupe. its gewtting good oil pressure its not getting hot either. but its not mkaing not alot of power and its making a ticking noise on the intake side. what could it be we cut the exhaust off behind the cat. and it still does it we tohught the cat was plugged but its not what could it be? thanks

Pete D Offline
Administrator
worn cam lobe(s)
Pete Dunham

Stroker_Man Offline
how bout a injector?

Stroker_Man Offline
how much u pay just for the motor and maybe the rad and the elec fans? do i need the wire harness or get a older one 83=86 turbo coupe cause it dont got ABS and other stuff i dont need ? do i need the computer? thanks

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Check the vacuum at idle. It should be 18-20 and steady. If it's less and/or the needle is swinging, let us know what the reading is and how fast and how wide the fluctuations are.
Could be an injector, they can get noisy.

[This message has been edited by Pete D (edited 08-02-2003).]
Pete Dunham

Stroker_Man Offline
where do i check the vacuum at ? and with what what tool thanks iam kinda a new one k sorry

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Use a vacuum gauge and hook it to the vacuum tree, which is on the fire wall with all the vacuum hoses going to it.
Pete Dunham

Stroker_Man Offline
which one it sayd like a/c p/w which one do i hook it at do u got a messenger so i can talk to you alot better? yahoo or msn or aol? thanks ~Zach~

B_Lieder Offline
there should be a spot there that has nothing. Just a cap, plug it in there.

------------------
Bill Lieder
1988 TC
MODS: Ported big valve head with ss valves, ported upper & lower intakes, Racer Walsh #2 Roller cam, Walboro 255HP pump, Kirban adjustable FPR, 3" Exhaust, Star stage 2 clutch w/ stage 3 pp, K&N cone, Gillis valve, Race engineering adjustable cam sproket, 245 50 16 Bridgestone tires
Bill L

Stroker_Man Offline
do u got a messenger? Aol,Yahoo,Msn?