North American Turbocoupe Organization

t3/t4 hybrid turbo fitment issues
brokenbirdy Offline
I installed a hybrid turbo and now the damn intercooler sits to high and my hood won't close

BigJake Offline
Post some pic's so we can see what's going on.
1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe 5 speed Boosting 25 PSI with Boport/Stinger parts !

Kuch Offline
Broken, I installed a T3/T4 last summer and I had to clock the compressor side to get it to line up. I am still using the factory intercooler and couplings as well. I could not get it to sit low enough to reuse the factory mounting brackets however, but it works fine.
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low
brokenbirdy likes this post

brokenbirdy Offline
(04-09-2020, 12:57 PM)Kuch Wrote: Broken, I installed a T3/T4 last summer and I had to clock the compressor side to get it to line up. I am still using the factory intercooler and couplings as well. I could not get it to sit low enough to reuse the factory mounting brackets however, but it works fine.
I clocked mine but no luck. do not have mounting brackets. I can make it fit with a little cut and trim work.

Kuch Offline
Ok, that is interesting, some pics if able may help us out.
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low

brokenbirdy Offline
(04-09-2020, 04:29 PM)Kuch Wrote: Ok, that is interesting, some pics if able may help us out.
Finally all the quirks worked out, Had to cut 3/4" off turbo snout, 1/2" off intercooler intake snout and 1 1/2" off rubber coupler in order to make hood close.
88 Turbo Bird 5 speed, Intake and exhaust mods, T3/T4 hybrid turbo at 20 psi, Cold air cone filter, manual boost controller, subframes. Still being refreshed.

Kuch Offline
Hmmm, that looks very similar to how mine sits, can you turn your compressor housing a little more CCW to bring the outlet a little lower? Yours looks almost horizontal on the outlet, and from what I remember about my install, mine sits a little more offset. I can grab a pic this afternoon and post it for you

brokenbirdy Offline
(04-23-2020, 02:39 PM)Kuch Wrote: Hmmm, that looks very similar to how mine sits, can you turn your compressor housing a little more CCW to bring the outlet a little lower? Yours looks almost horizontal on the outlet, and from what I remember about my install, mine sits a little more offset. I can grab a pic this afternoon and post it for you
Tried that and it just didn't work.
88 Turbo Bird 5 speed, Intake and exhaust mods, T3/T4 hybrid turbo at 20 psi, Cold air cone filter, manual boost controller, subframes. Still being refreshed.

Kuch Offline
Here is what mine looks like with a T3/T4 .50 trim.

Attached Files Image(s)

brokenbirdy likes this post

BJL Offline
How does the spool time compare to the T3 KUCH?
Brian Larkin
88TC 330,000 miles
Slightly Modified