North American Turbocoupe Organization

Car dogwags like im pulling a trailer
347BIRD Offline
So I recently redid my suspension and got a good alignment and my car is dog wagging down the highway like I'm pulling a trailer. what would be the cause of this? I also moved the rear tires to the front and bought brand new rear tires. Maybe the front tires have a bad wear pattern from being on the rear? Idk
1988 Blk T-Bird, 5-spd, Raven int, 3G Alt, K&N conical, Boost controller, ported E6, ported and polished IHI @ 16 psi, 03 Cobra wheels, 255/40/17, 275/40/17, SN95 BBK lowering springs, SN95 Koni struts and shocks, Maximum Motorsports C/C plates, SN95 BMR tubular A-arms, Aluminum driveshaft, LED's, 255 LPH 

Mikey97D Offline
What tire pressure are you running?

Did you change the rear coil springs? You changed the front perhaps the rear has too low of a rate?

How are the bushings on the rear axle and control arms?

If you increase the tire pressure does it help reduce the wag?
1988 TC, 5 spd, Stinger 3" Exhaust, Schneider Roller Cam, -4° Cam Pulley, Cone Filter, Gilles Boost Control Valve set at 17 psi, Walbro 255 lph, CHE Rear Lower and Upper Control Arms, Braided Brake Lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 Front and HPS (F) Rear, CRES Inserts in front calipers, and '93 Cobra Wheels with General 235/50R17 Tires.   

347BIRD Offline
(03-31-2020, 01:00 PM)Mikey97D Wrote: What tire pressure are you running?

Did you change the rear coil springs?  You changed the front perhaps the rear has too low of a rate?

How are the bushings on the rear axle and control arms?

If you increase the tire pressure does it help reduce the wag?

Tire pressure is about 32psi all around. all are similar there.. I kept the same coil springs as I had in there before the upgrades so I wouldn't think its that... I haven't checked the bushings on the rear control arms (i'd assume theyre bad)
I'll play w the tire pressure and see if that helps. 
it feels dangerous at high speed and I don't like it.. I was wondering if my steering rack is bad??? idk
1988 Blk T-Bird, 5-spd, Raven int, 3G Alt, K&N conical, Boost controller, ported E6, ported and polished IHI @ 16 psi, 03 Cobra wheels, 255/40/17, 275/40/17, SN95 BBK lowering springs, SN95 Koni struts and shocks, Maximum Motorsports C/C plates, SN95 BMR tubular A-arms, Aluminum driveshaft, LED's, 255 LPH 

Mikey97D Offline
I would think 32 psi is low with 17" wheels especially with those large of tires in your signature.

Does it feel like the front or rear is wagging? You have me now confused since you mentioned the steering rack.
1988 TC, 5 spd, Stinger 3" Exhaust, Schneider Roller Cam, -4° Cam Pulley, Cone Filter, Gilles Boost Control Valve set at 17 psi, Walbro 255 lph, CHE Rear Lower and Upper Control Arms, Braided Brake Lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 Front and HPS (F) Rear, CRES Inserts in front calipers, and '93 Cobra Wheels with General 235/50R17 Tires.   

347BIRD Offline
the whole car steers all over the road from bumps and ruts . it will follow ruts really bad to where it doesn't feel safe. I feel like its in the steering???? the wheel sort of fights me while driving too

Mikey97D Offline
You lowered it? Did you put a bumpsteer kit in it?

347BIRD Offline
No bumpsteer kit . the car already had those lowering springs in it before I did the a arms, and struts and shocks and got an alignment

which kit do I need to buy? foxbody or sn95? im lost when it comes to bumpsteer but sounds like my prob

thanks

BigJake Offline
I had a worn out Rack and Pinon that cause the front to dart around when hitting bumps in the road with FR500 wheels.
1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe 5 speed Boosting 25 PSI with Boport/Stinger parts !

347BIRD Offline
I'm thinking its bumpsteer at this point. I may invest in a bumpsteer kit. It's lowered quite a bit

Mikey97D Offline
I've never lowered a car so I have no experience with any of the kits.
I am guessing from you mentioning the raised ball joint that the endlink for the rack is probably raised too hence why the difference from your previous setup.

Looks like there's some info in this thread: https://turbotbird.com/thread-lowered-ca...bump+steer

There's a quite a few threads here in the search for bumpsteer.
347BIRD and raingram70 like this post