North American Turbocoupe Organization

Center panel gauges..
Kuch Offline
I finally got to mounting up my gauges in the EQ section of the center panel. I used a piece of sheet plastic like used in model cars and mounted them to the panel itself. I know many have them mounted to the dash and trimmed the panel to fit, but I wanted to be able to easily access the wiring and lights if needed. I soldered up the positive and negative wires so I can run them as one to a power source.

Attached Files Image(s)

1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low
Mikey97D and 347BIRD like this post

anasazi4st Offline
(03-27-2020, 10:05 PM)Kuch Wrote: I finally got to mounting up my gauges in the EQ section of the center panel. I used a piece of sheet plastic like used in model cars and mounted them to the panel itself. I know many have them mounted to the dash and trimmed the panel to fit, but I wanted to be able to easily access the wiring and lights if needed. I soldered up the positive and negative wires so I can run them as one to a power source.

That is a VERY nice setup, Kuch! Great job! I especially like the thumb nuts you have on the terminals, very old school.
Another proud dues-paying member.

1987 Turbo Coupe w/T5OD, 8.8 axle, grey smoke; most options. Got it in 1991 with 41K miles: 3 turbos, 2 heater cores, 3 T5OD full rebuilds, 6 clutches, 1 head gasket, 2 Teves II ABS units, etc. later....

347BIRD Offline
(03-27-2020, 10:05 PM)Kuch Wrote: I finally got to mounting up my gauges in the EQ section of the center panel. I used a piece of sheet plastic like used in model cars and mounted them to the panel itself. I know many have them mounted to the dash and trimmed the panel to fit, but I wanted to be able to easily access the wiring and lights if needed. I soldered up the positive and negative wires so I can run them as one to a power source.

Good work! I did the same on my last bird and I loved them! I had used a gauge pod from an Audi Quattro that I got out of a junkyard.
1988 Blk T-Bird, 5-spd, Raven int, 3G Alt, K&N conical, Boost controller, ported E6, ported and polished IHI @ 16 psi, 03 Cobra wheels, 255/40/17, 275/40/17, SN95 BBK lowering springs, SN95 Koni struts and shocks, Maximum Motorsports C/C plates, SN95 BMR tubular A-arms, Aluminum driveshaft, LED's, 255 LPH 

Kristwitch Offline
oooo Daisy chain. I have this gauge pod that is made to fit into a single din slot but it needs some mods to work correctly in the EQ spot.
1985 Turbo Coupe:  H&R Race springs, Bilstein HD's, BMR Tubular A arms, Aluminum Driveshaft, Serpentine Belt swap, 3G 130A ALT, Denso A/C swap, Ford Motorsports I/C kit

1984 Mustang SVO - Sun Beaten
1985 BMW 745I
1989 Ford F150
1990 Geo Metro
1993 Geo Metro
2000 Ford Expedition

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
I made a plexiglass panel painted flat black to mount 3 gauges in the EQ slot many years ago. I put an Innovate Motorsports digital A/F gauge, oil temp gauge and battery voltage gauge plus 4 LED indicator lights for various functions in the panel. I also have boost and fuel pressure gauges on the driver side A pillar.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized
Kristwitch likes this post

andrewjs18 Offline
Administrator
nice work, Kuch. myself and Heath are in the process of possibly making something that'll bolt into the factory screw holes...

what size gauges are you using in your set up?

Kuch Offline
I used the standard Autometer 2 1/8 gauges
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low
Mikey97D likes this post

Mikey97D Offline
I really like the layout, Kuch. And it looks great in the dash from the other post with the needles getting painted.

I recently picked up a AFR gauge (AEM) and noticed you have a mechanical gauge with the AFR. I wish I had the foresight to think about the mechanical versus digital gauge for the AFR. Was this an easy conversion or did I make a mistake with my wideband purchase?
1988 TC, 5 spd, Stinger 3" Exhaust, Schneider Roller Cam, -4° Cam Pulley, Cone Filter, Gilles Boost Control Valve set at 17 psi, Walbro 255 lph, CHE Rear Lower and Upper Control Arms, Braided Brake Lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 Front and HPS (F) Rear, CRES Inserts in front calipers, and '93 Cobra Wheels with General 235/50R17 Tires.   

Kuch Offline
Mikey,
I bought a complete Autometer 3370 wideband kit when I did mine, nothing to convert. I looked at the digital versions like the AEM, and while they are very well rated, I found it much easier for my eyes to track a single needle as opposed to lights bouncing around. I don't believe there are any other analog wideband gauges out there except for the Autometer.
https://www.autometer.com/2-1-16-analog-...-comp.html

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
My Innovate Motorsports WB has both a pseudo analog LED ring around the outside and a 3 digit fairly large easy to read digital display in the center of the gauge.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized