North American Turbocoupe Organization

Returning member after 6 years
brokenbirdy Offline
Hello all, I have been a member prior to this (6 yrs) and am also disabled in a mobility scooter. Back then my 15 yo son and I fixed up a tired '88 turbo coupe. We had a lot of fuel issues back then but with help from this page, Jeff K and Pete D we withered through that. Well about a year after fixing it my son had blown the motor and turbo with his heavy foot and the car has been sitting since. I recently purchased a running motor/t5 trans combo for cheap and have been slowly refreshing it to install in my dead bird. Finally today We removed the old and broken and installed the refreshed motor and trans and added a couple upgrades like a T3/T4 precision turbo, adjustable boost valve, ported internal wastegate and new adjustable actuator set at 12 psi? 3" down pipe & cone filter direct to VAM.
Mikey97D likes this post

fred k Online
Thumbs Up 
(03-25-2020, 08:14 AM)brokenbirdy Wrote: Hello all, I have been a member prior to this (6 yrs) and am also disabled in a mobility scooter. Back then my 15 yo son and I fixed up a tired '88 turbo coupe. We had a lot of fuel issues back then but with help from this page, Jeff K and Pete D we withered through that. Well about a year after fixing it my son had blown the motor and turbo with his heavy foot and the car has been sitting since. I recently purchased a running motor/t5 trans combo for cheap and have been slowly refreshing it to install in my dead bird. Finally today We removed the old and broken and installed the refreshed motor and trans and added a couple upgrades like a T3/T4 precision turbo, adjustable boost valve, ported internal wastegate and new adjustable actuator set at 12 psi? 3" down pipe & cone filter direct to VAM.
Sounds like you're well on your way.  Keep us updated on the progress.  Welcome back!
fred l kennedy
brokenbirdy likes this post

347BIRD Offline
Sounds like a fun little build! keep us posted and pics if poss!
1988 Blk T-Bird, 5-spd, Raven int, 3G Alt, K&N conical, Boost controller, ported E6, ported and polished IHI @ 16 psi, 03 Cobra wheels, 255/40/17, 275/40/17, SN95 BBK lowering springs, SN95 Koni struts and shocks, Maximum Motorsports C/C plates, SN95 BMR tubular A-arms, Aluminum driveshaft, LED's, 255 LPH 
brokenbirdy likes this post

brokenbirdy Offline
Just had another surgery on my foot yesterday, I still have several surgerys to go and maybe I will be able to stand up again. Motor & trans are in, new exhaust finally installed, all vacuum hoses and turbo related items still need to be routed and hooked up then she's ready to fire! Sure am glad I have a hoist so I can lift the car just high enough to sit in my mobility scooter and install everything.
Mikey97D likes this post

brokenbirdy Offline
(03-27-2020, 10:56 PM)brokenbirdy Wrote: Just had another surgery on my foot yesterday, I still have several surgerys to go and maybe I will be able to stand up again. Motor & trans are in, new exhaust finally installed, all vacuum hoses and turbo related items still need to be routed and hooked up then she's ready to fire! Sure am glad I have a hoist so I can lift the car just high enough to sit in my mobility scooter and install everything.
Finally all the quirks worked out, Had to cut 3/4" off turbo snout, 1/2" off intercooler intake snout and 1 1/2" off rubber coupler in order to make hood close.
88 Turbo Bird 5 speed, Intake and exhaust mods, T3/T4 hybrid turbo at 20 psi, Cold air cone filter, manual boost controller, subframes. Still being refreshed.