North American Turbocoupe Organization

PimpXS installation
BJL Offline
Thumbs Up 
Over the past month i slowly bought all the require parts to go to stand alone type computer system.
I choose the PimpXS system. this unit is from stinger perfoamnce and includes a base tune with purchase. i bought the ECU used and bought an accessory kit directly from stinger along with a wide band O2 sensor, controller and gauge. also added in optional boost controller. and then the Tuner Studio License. all directly from Stinger. 
the reason why i choose this set. 
this a sequential fire system that will support individual injector firing and then in the future individual coil fire. which would eliminate the TFI system and the need for a distributor.
these are features i can add in the future. but for now i have it set up like a factory LA3 using batch fire injectors and TFI Distributor ignition system.
this new ECU uses a MAP sensor for airflow input. so there is no need to have the VAM anymore. which is a huge restriction in power.
i upgraded my injectors to 80lb/hr units. i had to do this since the PimpXS require high impedance injectors. the factory brown top 36 lb/hr injectors are low impedance and are not compatible. i followed the guidance of stinger and few other TCr's about this process.
i got everything installed in one night. hit a few bumps but got it running.
it has a AutoTune feature which lets the ECU determine what it needs as far as fuel goes. which got it set up nicely and smooth.
it nice to read actual live data from the ecu. its been running great for me. we are still tweaking a few things and im getting tech support from stinger's tech board about it.
cruising and around town driving its perfect. but WOT its still need to be tweaked for maximum performance.
was one of the big investments in the car. but well worth it to keep it going into the future.

Attached Files Image(s)

Brian Larkin
88TC 330,000 miles
Slightly Modified
Mikey97D likes this post

Mikey97D Offline
Thanks for the report, Brian. This is something I want to do maybe as early as next year. I look forward to following along on updates.
1988 TC, 5 spd, Stinger 3" Exhaust, Schneider Roller Cam, -4° Cam Pulley, Cone Filter, Gilles Boost Control Valve set at 17 psi, Walbro 255 lph, CHE Rear Lower and Upper Control Arms, Braided Brake Lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 Front and HPS (F) Rear, CRES Inserts in front calipers, and '93 Cobra Wheels with General 235/50R17 Tires.   

Kuch Offline
BJL,
I have one I need to install this summer, I have read that you should install it while the car is warmed up to make it easier to do the initial start up, compared to a cold start. Did you do a cold start or warmed up? What were the small bumps you alluded to? Thanks for the updates, look forward to installing mine.
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low

BJL Offline
Sorry for the delay on responding.
i couldnt do mine warm. i needed to swap my injectors.
the base tune they gave me allowed it start up.
im still tweaking it.
i got some west coast help from myt Buddy Bob Schuler of NorthWest Tuning solutions.
his adjustments have made it run a LOT better in high boost high rpm settings.
im still tweaking the Idle control and A/c on idle.
but other then that its been great... well gas mileage has dropped. but i cant stay out of the boost now...
also just finushed my T3/T4 hybrid i got from Chip at BigR Motorsports.
Brian Larkin
88TC 330,000 miles
Slightly Modified
Mikey97D likes this post

Cleven Offline
Iv been reading posts on this stand alone over the years. Im really hoping one day someone posts an actual video of driving around and tuning.

Kuch Offline
I could post a vid of mine, but that will have to wait until next spring as the car is parked for the winter. On mine, I look at the different tuning cells first on the laptop and make any adjustments first. Next I plug in the laptop to the car and start the engine, make sure that everything is reading, hit apply and save on ECU, then select auto tune and start driving. It's best if you make larger adjustments first before auto tuning. While driving, you can watch the different cells getting updated by autotune, I did this for about a week driving to and from work this past Sept, make sure you click save before turning the car off as everything you just tuned will not be saved. When not hooked to the car, I look at the fuel cells for any obvious ones that are not correct. It took a little learning on my part and a post or two on Stingers forum, but not too difficult to understand.
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low
Mikey97D likes this post

Cleven Offline
(11-29-2021, 11:47 AM)Kuch Wrote: I could post a vid of mine, but that will have to wait until next spring as the car is parked for the winter. On mine, I look at the different tuning cells first on the laptop and make any adjustments first. Next I plug in the laptop to the car and start the engine, make sure that everything is reading, hit apply and save on ECU, then select auto tune and start driving. It's best if you make larger adjustments first before auto tuning. While driving, you can watch the different cells getting updated by autotune, I did this for about a week driving to and from work this past Sept, make sure you click save before turning the car off as everything you just tuned will not be saved. When not hooked to the car, I look at the fuel cells for any obvious ones that are not correct. It took a little learning on my part and a post or two on Stingers forum, but not too difficult to understand.

Gotcha. I have a lil experience with tuner pro with my old volvo's. I took it slow doing little minor things, learning as I went before I started tuning for stuff like bigger turbo, and injectors.

BJL Offline
mines been in since Feb of 2020.. been to carlisle 2020 and 2021.
it moves at least 2-4 times a month.
still fine tuning it. but runs like a champ..
Brian Larkin
88TC 330,000 miles
Slightly Modified