North American Turbocoupe Organization

It was all worth it!!!!!!/Progress Update
DrPhang Offline
I took the TC around the block today after sundown "no tags yet" and my parents were pissed to say the least but I calmed em down. The car pulled like it's ass was on fire after 3k! I really dont remember my old TC running this good. Thanks again for all the help guys.

One thing that is pissing me off is the throw out bearing will make a high pitched cricket sound that will come and go. It will also go away when the clutch is depressed. I dont have any probs shifting gears, so I guess I will drive it till it becomes a probelem. I also found a small coolent leak I need to take car of.

One last thing.... I dont have any off the vaccume lines from the turbo/IC hooked up and the car runs great. What is the point of these lines?

Jonesy Offline
Quote:Originally posted by DrPhang:

One thing that is pissing me off is the throw out bearing will make a high pitched cricket sound that will come and go. It will also go away when the clutch is depressed.

Mine has the same problem. It is the throw out bearing(release bearing) that is making the noise in the tranny. Idiot mechanics don't have a clue why it does this but I did. The throw out/release bearing originally had a plastic bushing ring in it that kept it from doing that. Over time it dwindles to nothing and doesn't leave a trace that it was ever there. One day I will drop the tranny and fix mine as well. Anyone know a part number on this ?

Jonesy
Michael "Jonesy" Jones
87 Medium Red Clearcoat Metallic 5 speed
2 Tone Leather Interior, All options including factory sunroof/moonroof
168,500 miles - So Far
Mainly stock, K&N Filter, custom ram air
New paint job COMING SOON(repainting factory med. red with ghost flames.)

DrPhang Offline
You should just be able to goto Ford and get a new TOB and clutch fork.

turbot4 Offline
On my 84' the vacuum line from the turbo controls the cruise control.

------------------
1984 Turbo Coupe - currently under complete restoration.
NATO Member
1984 Turbo Coupe
Rebuilt Engine
New T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo
Large Spearco Intercooler with Bypass valve.
Adjustable cam gear.
Kirban adjustable fuel pressure regulator
K&N fender mounted filter.
8.8 readend with Ford Motor Sport 4.10's
Replaced entire brake system
Replaced entire fuel system
Replaced entire suspension
87' or 88' TC hood
Completely redone leather interior.
Turbo boost adjuster from Tiny Avenger
3" Exhaust - DP, Cat and Ultra Flo Dyno Max.
and just about every thing else...

86tc Offline
How much do throwout bearings for our cars cost from Ford?

Rick
'62 Ranchero (in progress...again)
'72 Gran Torino Sport (for sale/trade)
'76 Honda CB750 (for sale/trade)
'88 Yamaha Blaster Race 4-wheeler (for sale/trade)
'89 Lincoln Town Car (for sale/trade)
'92 GMC Safari Conv. Van (for sale)
'94 Pontiac Bonneville
'96 GMC Jimmy

Pete D Offline
Administrator
approx $30-35
Pete Dunham

Jonesy Offline
So when you all say "from Ford" do we just go to a local Ford dealership to get these parts?

Jonesy
Michael "Jonesy" Jones
87 Medium Red Clearcoat Metallic 5 speed
2 Tone Leather Interior, All options including factory sunroof/moonroof
168,500 miles - So Far
Mainly stock, K&N Filter, custom ram air
New paint job COMING SOON(repainting factory med. red with ghost flames.)

Mr. Sam Ford Offline
Adam, WTG man! I'm glad to see you got the TC running, this is the metallic red one right? One vacuum line on the IC is for the cruise control, I think the other one goes to the turbo. Sorry I never got down to Petersburg to help out, I'm looking forward to seeing the car though.
'88 Thunderbird TC, daily headache with a few mods, 14.65 and still not happy Smile

'86 Mustang GT, daily transport, fresh 302, Twisted Wedge heads, Track Heat intake, custom cam, all the associated goodies, 4.10s, hoping for mid 12s n/a

DrPhang Offline
Hey Sam maby we can run them at the motorsports park sometime soon. I am going to try and get the thing tagged up soon. I just have to fix a few more really small things. Also set is the the red TC I guess it is considerd Maroon or Burgendy, and it has a sunroof [Image: smile.gif]