North American Turbocoupe Organization

Stainless brake lines...
Kuch Offline
Are any of the other Mustang stainless brake lines compatible with 87-88 TC's? Was going to go through and replace the 30 year old rubber and thinking stainless might be nice. Thanks
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
I prefer NiCop (Nickel / Copper) brake lines. I buy it on Ebay in rolls. They will never rust, they just develop a greenish patina. They are also very easy to cut, bend and double flare unlike stainless steel which is a royal PITA.

If you have stock ABS MC no pre made Mustang lines will fit. The Tbird has a longer wheel base than the Mustang so any lines made for the Mustang wont reach to the rear.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

Kuch Offline
(01-15-2020, 03:17 PM)Jeff K Wrote: I prefer NiCop (Nickel / Copper) brake lines. I buy it on Ebay in rolls. They will never rust, they just develop a greenish patina. They are also very easy to cut, bend and double flare unlike stainless steel which is a royal PITA.

If you have stock ABS MC no pre made Mustang lines will fit.  The Tbird has a longer wheel base than the Mustang so any lines made for the Mustang wont reach to the rear.
Thanks for the reply Jeff, I was actually thinking of the rubber sections of the system such as at each wheel. Any of the Mustang flexible stainless lines fit there?
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
No clue on the Mustang soft lines. Years ago I bought a complete set of braided stainless soft lines from some vendor who no longer exists. They were TC specific so I assume the Stang lines wont fit.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

RC Martin Offline
Posting Freak
I replaced the rubber lines a couple years ago on my 84. Rockautohad them, seemed of good quality. Dirt cheap and easy to do too.
Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Bright Canyon Red TuTone, Desert Tan Interior; 1 of 7 in this combo in 1984 according to Marti.  1 of 13,361 TCs in 84.
   Rebuilt, 3-Angle Valve Job, SYB37 "OE/Small" Slider Cam
   Full 3" Stinger Exhaust to Flowmaster 40, Gnari FMIC/Recirc/BPV, MBC @ 18psi, RF-E6 Manifold, Remote-Mount TFI, PC1 and Flowed 35# Injectors, Inline Walboro 255HP, Kirban AFPR
   Rebuilt Suspension -- KYB & Energy Suspension