North American Turbocoupe Organization

Retiring!
Jeff K Offline
Administrator
Thumbs Up 
As of this Friday 11/22/19, I will be joining Pete D, Dan S, Fred K, Bob Stevens, and others here as a retiree!  My wife Joan will be joining me in retirement as of next Wednesday.  I turned 64 in mid October, and Joan will turn 64 in early February. We have both had very well paying carriers and are pretty much financially set for life. 

I spent my first few years after grad school working in R&D in the power generation / distribution industry, and the last 34 years teaching Physics and Electrical Engineering at one of the highest rated engineering schools in the country, where I received a number of awards for teaching excellence, favorite professor, etc over the years.  Joan has worked as a BSN/RN in several different positions in the healthcare industry and spent her last 10 years in medical quality control.  We are looking forward to sleeping late, not battling the rush hours on the interstates, just doing whatever we want, and spending more time with our 4 month old grandson.  
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized
brokenbirdy and Mikey97D like this post

andrewjs18 Offline
Administrator
congrats, Jeff, and good luck with the future endeavors that retirement may hold!

fred k Offline
Wink 
(11-21-2019, 08:46 PM)Jeff K Wrote: As of this Friday 11/22/19, I will be joining Pete D, Dan S, Fred K, Bob Stevens, and others here as a retiree!  My wife Joan will be joining me in retirement as of next Wednesday.  I turned 64 in mid October, and Joan will turn 64 in early February. We have both had very well paying carriers and are pretty much financially set for life. 

I spent my first few years after grad school working in R&D in the power generation / distribution industry, and the last 34 years teaching Physics and Electrical Engineering at one of the highest rated engineering schools in the country, where I received a number of awards for teaching excellence, favorite professor, etc over the years.  Joan has worked as a BSN/RN in several different positions in the healthcare industry and spent her last 10 years in medical quality control.  We are looking forward to sleeping late, not battling the rush hours on the interstates, just doing whatever we want, and spending more time with our 4 month old grandson.  
Great, retired in 2014 at 62 and wasn't planning on it just toxic work situation.  Haven't regretted it for a second.  Moved all my 401s and IRAs to Ameritrade (Scottrade) and learned to manage them myself.  Check things out over coffee each morning and God has shined on me and not losing money.  Just a heads up Medicare has brackets for income and with buying my new home and my hobbies (turbocoupes and such) I now pay over $300 a month to them.  That doesn't include my supplemental.  Welcome to the turkey neck brigade.  Fred
fred l kennedy

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
Thanks Andrew!

I would like to get another old Ford or 2, especially a mid 90's 5 speed Taurus SHO and throw on a turbo, and / or another TC to waste my time on, but Joan would probably kill me!
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

50RACER Offline
Congratulations!!!!! I hope you and Joan have a wonderful time together! Enjoy yourselves!!!
87 TC Medium Canyon Red
88 TC Black Beauty

RC Martin Offline
Posting Freak
Congrats!
Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Bright Canyon Red TuTone, Desert Tan Interior; 1 of 7 in this combo in 1984 according to Marti.  1 of 13,361 TCs in 84.
   Rebuilt, 3-Angle Valve Job, SYB37 "OE/Small" Slider Cam
   Full 3" Stinger Exhaust to Flowmaster 40, Gnari FMIC/Recirc/BPV, MBC @ 18psi, RF-E6 Manifold, Remote-Mount TFI, PC1 and Flowed 35# Injectors, Inline Walboro 255HP, Kirban AFPR
   Rebuilt Suspension -- KYB & Energy Suspension

fred k Offline
(11-21-2019, 10:07 PM)Jeff K Wrote: Thanks Andrew!

I would like to get another old Ford or 2, especially a mid 90's 5 speed Taurus SHO and throw on a turbo, and / or another TC to waste my time on, but Joan would probably kill me!
You said you were going to at Carlisle this year, didn't believe you.  After a few months she may welcome you having a new project   Wink  .
fred l kennedy

Mikey97D Offline
Congratulations!
1988 TC, 5 spd, Stinger 3" Exhaust, Schneider Roller Cam, -4° Cam Pulley, Cone Filter, Gilles Boost Control Valve set at 17 psi, Walbro 255 lph, CHE Rear Lower and Upper Control Arms, Braided Brake Lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 Front and HPS (F) Rear, CRES Inserts in front calipers, and '93 Cobra Wheels with General 235/50R17 Tires.   

anasazi4st Offline
Congratulations, Jeff! I am not far behind you.

Best wishes to both you and your wife.
Another proud dues-paying member.

1987 Turbo Coupe w/T5OD, 8.8 axle, grey smoke; most options. Got it in 1991 with 41K miles: 3 turbos, 2 heater cores, 3 T5OD full rebuilds, 6 clutches, 1 head gasket, 2 Teves II ABS units, etc. later....

firebirdparts Offline
Congratulations! I hope you have lots of fun in retirement.