North American Turbocoupe Organization

What are these gaskets? (FelPro kit)
Ryan H Offline
Posting Freak
I'm pretty sure #3 is the oil return line gasket.. But what are the others for? I'm stumped! Also why are there two IAC gaskets?

------------------
Ryan Harris

88 TC, 5 speed, B&M Ripper Shifter, Walbro 190 LPH, K&N, 3.73's, 88K miles
Awaiting install: Volvo FMIC, Walbro 255 HP, Kirban Adj. FPR
'88 TC Smile Walbro 255HP, Stinger FMIC, PIT BOV, Pro 5.0, Kirban, RR cam, FRPP strut tower brace, T3

grey88smokin Offline
Posting Freak
Guessing here but I think I am close.
1&4 look like turbo inlet gasgets.
3 could be EGR ? but its hard to tell by the size, you'r probably right on oil return. I have the same kit and the same Q's as you, just never asked.
5 is obviousley the hydrolic servo balancing seal [Image: biggrin.gif]
84 SVO 1C
08 MKZ

Ryan H Offline
Posting Freak
And #2 must go to the flux capacitor, right? [Image: biggrin.gif]

------------------
Ryan Harris

'88 TC Smile Walbro 255HP, Stinger FMIC, PIT BOV, Pro 5.0, Kirban, RR cam, FRPP strut tower brace, T3

Chuck W Offline
Posting Freak
#4 - turbo inlet
#1 - turbo outlet
#2 & #6 are mystery gaskets I have never used. #6 is not an EGR gasket, that is just to the left of #1.

------------------
83 TC Clone, 87 Ranger 2.3T, 84 XR7, 80 XR7, 86 XR4 AND 88 Scorpio
NATO Member
83 TC Clone, 85 Mercury LTS, 97 Volvo 850 T5 Turbo, 78 Volvo 240, 93 F150

longbedGTs Offline
Yeah, I never used those either. #5 I believe is for the IAC mounted on the airbox. Like on the N/A 2.3s. Someone didnt do their homework I guess. That big circular "oring" is possibly a seal for the distributor cap? Does it even fit? Hmmmm
Something Ive been wondering with Fel-Pro kits....Why int he world do they only include half the number of injector orings? I also bought a kit for my 88 Ranger GT and there were only 6 orings... I need 12 not 6!!! *sigh*
Ok Im done. [Image: smile.gif]

------------------
87 Ranger 2.3T 5spd
(2) 88 Ranger GT 2.9 5spd
86 Daytona Turbo Z 2.2T auto trans
88 TC 5spd~money pit
88 TC 5spd~78K miles

motormenace Offline
Quote:Originally posted by longbedGTs:
Yeah, I never used those either. #5 I believe is for the IAC mounted on the airbox. Like on the N/A 2.3s. Someone didnt do their homework I guess. That big circular "oring" is possibly a seal for the distributor cap? Does it even fit? Hmmmm
Something Ive been wondering with Fel-Pro kits....Why int he world do they only include half the number of injector orings? I also bought a kit for my 88 Ranger GT and there were only 6 orings... I need 12 not 6!!! *sigh*
Ok Im done. [Image: smile.gif]

um?....you mean you needed 16 and got 8. right? [Image: biggrin.gif]
86 turbo coupe (14.12 at 15 psi. sleeper) *gone*

...so you have a V8...isn't that cute...

longbedGTs Offline
Quote:Originally posted by motormenace:
um?....you mean you needed 16 and got 8. right? [Image: biggrin.gif]

Ranger GTs came with the 2.9 v6, not a v8. I just woke up and am running on 1.8 cylinders so I maqy not be understanding you. :tired:

------------------
87 Ranger 2.3T 5spd
(2) 88 Ranger GT 2.9 5spd
86 Daytona Turbo Z 2.2T auto trans
88 TC 5spd~money pit
88 TC 5spd~78K miles

Red_LX Offline
I always figured #6 was for a later model IAC, since when you buy an upper intake gasket set they include the upper-to-lower gaskets for the inline intake, square intake, AND DP intake.

I've always been curious as to just exactly what on God's green earth the #2 gasket goes to.

Also #5 is a new gasket for the factory oil cooler, far as I know.

BTW my fel-pro "complete" gasket kit didn't come with any injector O-rings at all...?
Garrett Hunt
Moderator, 2.3L & Turbos Forum @ forums.stangnet.com
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Windage tray, crank scraper, P&P head, RR, ARP head studs, P&P intakes, 60mm TB, Accel AFPR, Bob's log, T3, big FMIC, blow-thru VAM, Forge BOV, 3" exhaust, UPR shifter, gauges, etc.
My Turbo Coupe

Ryan H Offline
Posting Freak
Thanks Red! Now that I know I have an oil cooler gasket, I can take it off and flush that bad boy out with the rest of the coolant system [Image: smile.gif]

#2 is an odd looking one, for sure. Thanks for the help guys! Hopefully she'll be a whole new car after this [Image: smile.gif]

------------------
Ryan Harris

Red_LX Offline
I THINK it's for the oil cooler. My gasket kit had two gaskets like that...one was orange and the other one was black like yours, and I know one was for the factory oil cooler but I don't know which one because I don't have a factory oil cooler on my engine anymore.
Garrett Hunt
Moderator, 2.3L & Turbos Forum @ forums.stangnet.com
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Windage tray, crank scraper, P&P head, RR, ARP head studs, P&P intakes, 60mm TB, Accel AFPR, Bob's log, T3, big FMIC, blow-thru VAM, Forge BOV, 3" exhaust, UPR shifter, gauges, etc.
My Turbo Coupe