North American Turbocoupe Organization

finally fed up
turbo tom Offline
I've about 99% made up my mind. I've had it with this car. Every time I fix something, something else breaks.Its going to get parted out then whatevers left is getting crushed. I hate to do it, but its a spiteful b@#ch! I'll make a list of the drivetrain parts that'll be for sale and post it in the next few days. Theres only a few body panels and interior thats in good shape. If anybody is in need of anything before I post, shoot me an IM and I'll get that info to you first. After my job settles down and I get some things squared away, I'll be looking for another that was taken better care of. Tom
Speak softly and carry a ...errr really big turbo. 84 GT R.I.P 94 F250 Turbo Diesel

Sluggo Offline
Posting Freak
I think someone has hacked into Tom's computer and is posting screwy stuff.
Doug  
88 TC / T5,4.56,Log,SC60,NPR,2277,MegaSquirt

86XR7auto Offline
Quote:Originally posted by Sluggo:
I think someone has hacked into Tom's computer and is posting screwy stuff.
Funny

Hey Tom

I have been screwing with my car for 4.5 years to go 12's with the T3. My car is mostly stock...you have installed a big mod(holset turbo) it will take awhile to fix the bugs...unless the body and interior is gone...hold on to it...

Travis
86XR7 in pieces...old time [email protected] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGsz7PdEqTI 88TC stock Red RHSC [email protected], 01 Z71=Nice winter ride, 01 CVLX w/HPP wifes ride!

turbo tom Offline
The interior was pretty much trashed when I got it,the outside was wrecked on the rr and there was plenty of rust repair on the outside too. The frame rails where the k-member bolted to was completly gone on both sides! I cant believe the engine didnt fall out when I drove it to my dads to load it on the trailer! I spent over a month on fixing the frame and other rusted areas. Ask Doug, its not very pretty and the worst cant be seen. Then theres the little electrical gremlins that I've just been dealing with and havent chased down yet. I made a bad decesion in taking a job here in York and will more than likely have to take my old job back or get a job in Philly. Dont get me wrong, this is my favorite T-Birds made and I will be back, but I had to deceide between possibly losing my house or parting the car out and get back on my feet.
Travis: I dont have a problem with waiting while I'm tuning. Its just every week something needs replaced or fixed. Its never anything cheap either. Its just always something and with trying to spend time with my son, its just not working out. I'll find one in better shape when my son is a little older and start over.
Speak softly and carry a ...errr really big turbo. 84 GT R.I.P 94 F250 Turbo Diesel

86XR7auto Offline
Hey Tom

If the car is in the shape you have stated....maybe time to park it. Then buy a cheap DD. Then find a nicer TC and start over again...stealing all the parts from the old girl in the backyard.... Just an idea.

Good luck,

Travis
86XR7 in pieces...old time [email protected] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGsz7PdEqTI 88TC stock Red RHSC [email protected], 01 Z71=Nice winter ride, 01 CVLX w/HPP wifes ride!

gadgetolds Offline
Posting Freak
Quote:Originally posted by 86XR7auto:
Hey Tom

If the car is in the shape you have stated....maybe time to park it. Then buy a cheap DD. Then find a nicer TC and start over again...stealing all the parts from the old girl in the backyard.... Just an idea.

Good luck,

Travis
This is EXACTLY what I just did. Went south and bought a cheap, virtually rust free body with no dents in it and motor with a little knock in it. Has a t3, 3 inch exhaust and a 255 walbro. My old bird has the A237, fmic and direct mount k&n. Interiors bout the same, the two should make a fine car.
1988 Turbo Coupe - A237 cam, K&N Cone, T3(.60-.63), 255 Walbro, Gillis BV, gutted and knifed intakes, ported e6, 3" elbow/dp to dual 2.5s, Kirban and spearco fmic.

Up next, ported head, t3/t4 upgrade.

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Tom, I understand the nickel and dime you to death thing. BTDT. I know it's tough to decide to cut the loss and go another direction, but sometimes it has to be done. Get things together and get another one when you can.
Pete Dunham

FLSTCI71 Offline
If you have to park it, you have to. But do NOT sell it. Buy a beater, get back on your feet, buy another TC, then use this one to make one good one out of two. If you sell this one, you'll end up regreting it later.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

turbo tom Offline
Thanks for the words of wisdom guys. I'm still not sure whats going to happen yet. I'm going to call another dealer on monday and there for a job. I just bought my new dd. Its an 84 mustang gt 4 cyl turbo with t-tops. Its a very rare car,only like 350 made. Its also in very nice shape and needs only the breakes rebuilt, a paint job, and some tlc on the interior and trim. The bird is going to sit a little and may be a race only car after this. Thanks for the support everybody and I'll keep everybody posted on whats going on. Tom