North American Turbocoupe Organization

Throttle Response on my TC...
Dan E Offline
Posting Freak
It's just a guess on my part...but I'd think it is the fact the the EEC is trying to figure out WTF is going on.

Unlike a carberated engine where a mechanical process of stepping on the gas means dumping more fuel, the EEC is taking info from all kinds of sensors when the Throttle is opened.

If you go from idle to WOT the EEC is determining the A/F ratio's required. I think the delay in the response is our very own EEC-IV's wonderful [Image: frown.gif] design...

------------------
Dan Eaves
88TC 5spd, Crower 5.5" Sportsman Rods, Short Wiseco Pistons bored .030" Over, Ported Head with Polished Combustion Chambers, Gutted & Polished Upper, Ported & Polished Lower, Polished T/B, Ported E6, SVO T3 .63AR Turbo, Bosch Bypass Valve, 3" DP w/No Cat, 2 1/2" DynoMax single cat back w/DynoMax Super Turbo Muffler, RR Cam, K&N in Fenderwell, Gillis Boost Valve, Centerforce I Clutch, Removed A/C, Polished Wheels, Polished Valve Cover, Polished Crank and W/P Pulleys, Walbro 255LPH HP Pump, Kirban Adj FPR, and the DAMN Heater Core is new too !

NATO MEMBER (Vice Chairman...if it's a vice...I deal with it)
Dan Eaves
88TC 5spd Vermillion Red, Polished...everything...

Noname
Unregistered
Heh, my TC is a now retired pizza delivery vehicle, I still find order slips in it and catch a whiff of pepperoni once in awhile.

dm22 - I don't have any help for you, but both TCs I've owned did the same thing. Do you get the occasional idle surge up to about 2200rpm for no reason as well?