North American Turbocoupe Organization

Ugly rear quarter windows
gtbird Offline
Well I finally solved my problem of the crappy looking trim around the rear quarter windows on my 88....I replaced them with new windows! I've been trying to buy used replacements for some time now, but every used one had the same problem. I tried a few glass outlets and I got prices as high as $850 each!!! What are these guys doing, smokin' crack? Finally found one place that I felt was reasonable, $175 each, so I got them. Guess what, they were Carlite brand, same as factory glass! They even had the Ford warrantee sticker on them. I finished the install last night as well as painting the trim at the back edge of the door. Man what a big improvement in the appearance. I've got one picture of the old and new windows together and one of the new window installed.
Rick

------------------
1988 T/C Silver with red interior, fully loaded except for leather. 5 lug conversion with 97 Cobra wheels, Cobra 13" brakes up front, Mustang brakes out back, Koni adjustable shocks and struts, NOS Koni lowering springs . Maximum Motorsports control arms and caster/camber plates, subframe connectors.
1988 T/C Silver with red interior, fully loaded except for leather. 5 lug conversion with 97 Cobra wheels, Cobra 13" brakes up front, Mustang brakes out back, Koni adjustable shocks and struts, NOS Koni lowering springs . Maximum Motorsports control arms and caster/camber plates, subframe connectors.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing....time for a new chapter in my life.

V6TBird87 Offline
Posting Freak
very VERY sweet

i was thinking about trying to sand, and possibly use a high build paint on mine

------------------
1987 Thunderbird 3.8
1987 Turbo Coupe, 5-speed

www.foxthunderbirds.fast-go.com

aka Tbird232ci
2018 Mustang GT
1988 Turbo Coupe, 5-speed

aka Tbird232ci

Ryan H Offline
Posting Freak
I thought about doing some light sanding, then clean them with something soft like a 50/50 solution of alcohol to water then filling them with weatherstrip adhesive, sanding smooth then painting them.

Never got around to trying it though [Image: biggrin.gif]

------------------
Ryan Harris

1988 TC 5 speed, all options and none of the damn things work! Cracked exhaust seat on #2, cracked header on #3, no crosshatching on #2 in block. EGR delete (damn tubing broke LOL)
'88 TC Smile Walbro 255HP, Stinger FMIC, PIT BOV, Pro 5.0, Kirban, RR cam, FRPP strut tower brace, T3

Sqrlcage Offline
Quote:Originally posted by gtbird:
I finished the install last night as well as painting the trim at the back edge of the door.

What process/paint did you use for this? It looks very good. II know this is covered in other posts, but would like specifics on this one. Again, looks great! TIA
Sustineo alas, 1988, manual trans

Mr. Vanos Offline
Where'd you get the new ones from? Looks good. [Image: smile.gif]

Turbojet Offline
Yes PLEASE, do tell!!!
Let us know where you bought new ones at.
The Family:

gtbird Offline
Thanks for the compliments. The pictures really don't do any justice to the improvement. The glass was purchased from Cerrito Glass 1-800-338-1237. The paint I used to do the door trim was Plasti-Coat Trim Black, got it at PepGirls I think.

------------------
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing....time for a new chapter in my life.