North American Turbocoupe Organization

Fuel Pump
michaelantunano Offline
I noticed that I have an external fuel pump. I looked online and found out that this is not common for 88 Turbo coupes. It may need to be replaced because it is making an annoying whining sound. But I cannot find an external one anywhere, only electric in-tank ones. Where can I get an external fuel pump, or get the old one to stop making the whining sound??
1988 White Thunderbird Turbo. Red Interior. Mods: Walbro 255. More to come...

michaelantunano Offline
Will this fuel pump work?

Universal Inline Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump
http://treperformance.com/i-133255-unive...-pump.html

4cammer72 Offline
Posting Freak
if it were me id get the correct one for the tank and repair the line where the inline one is and be done with it..
88tc (sold) but keeping an eye out.

Pete D Offline
Administrator
I agree, put the pump back in the tank. A lot of us use the GSS340, here http://www.jdsperformance.com/index.asp?...m&inmake=0

This pump is a high pressure pump for forced induction applications
Pete Dunham

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
Someone must have done a hack job on the fuel system. No 87-88 came with an inline pump. Do as others suggest, and go with 1 in tank pump.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

michaelantunano Offline
Thanks guys. When I'm at almost empty, I wil drop the tank and replace the external with the Walbro in-tank.