North American Turbocoupe Organization

Dyno Runs at Carlisle
Birdman78758 Offline
Dan E said:

Quote:Too bad none of us were able to get dyno runs in that really represented our TC's potential...

Was anyone able to run? Any blowups? [Image: eek.gif] Fill us in!

Dan E Offline
Posting Freak
Well the best "blow up" I saw was a 69 (?) Cougar...about 15 seconds into the run...BANG ! Broke the drive shaft clean in two (ouch).

I had a problem with my boost valve (first run 180 RWHP at ZERO BOOST !) and only got one sort of good pull. That is until "it" popped !? I still don't know what the "it" was that popped but I think it was my BPV ?

Anyhow, the guy shut it down at 4800 rpm. At that point I had 224.5 RWHP and 292.8 Ft Lbs of torque.

The thing is that the RWHP was still on the way up when the pull stopped and I think it wouldn't hit max RWHP until at least 5,200 to 5,500 rpm ? So who knows ?

Glenn would have smoked me but kept blowing off his I/C hoses on his new front mount I/C install (just from the night before).

Pete was running way rich and so he didn't get a realistic dyno run in.

I did hear that a 5.0 Mustang blew up but I wasn't there...damn the luck LOL !

------------------
Dan Eaves
88TC 5spd, Crower 5.5" Sportsman Rods, Short Wiseco Pistons bored .030" Over, Ported Head with Polished Combustion Chambers, Gutted & Polished Upper, Ported & Polished Lower, Polished T/B, Ported E6, SVO T3 .63AR Turbo, Bosch Bypass Valve, 3" DP w/No Cat, 2 1/2" DynoMax single cat back w/DynoMax Super Turbo Muffler, RR Cam, K&N in Fenderwell, Gillis Boost Valve, Centerforce I Clutch, Removed A/C, Polished Wheels, Polished Valve Cover, Polished Crank and W/P Pulleys, Walbro 255LPH HP Pump, Kirban Adj FPR, and the DAMN Heater Core is new too !

NATO MEMBER (Vice Chairman...if it's a vice...I deal with it)
Dan Eaves
88TC 5spd Vermillion Red, Polished...everything...

Glenn 88TC Offline
Posting Freak
Quote:Originally posted by Dan E:

I had a problem with my boost valve (first run 180 RWHP at [b]ZERO
BOOST !) and only got one sort of good pull. That is until "it" popped !? I still don't know what the "it" was that popped but I think it was my BPV ?

Anyhow, the guy shut it down at 4800 rpm. At that point I had 224.5 RWHP and 292.8 Ft Lbs of torque.

The thing is that the RWHP was still on the way up when the pull stopped and I think it wouldn't hit max RWHP until at least 5,200 to 5,500 rpm ? So who knows ?

Glenn would have smoked me but kept blowing off his I/C hoses on his new front mount I/C install (just from the night before).

Pete was running way rich and so he didn't get a realistic dyno run in.

I did hear that a 5.0 Mustang blew up but I wasn't there...damn the luck LOL !

[/B]

All three of us had problems and we still all beat the 2 modded Merkurs that dynoed after me. You gotta love that.

My numbers. 206rwhp with 14psi at 3600rpms. The boost was just about ready to jump to 20+ and the hose blew. I guarantee next year I will put out over 325rwhp. I'm going to try to get it on the dyno this summer yet to get some real numbers.

My intercooler hoses only held once all weekend. That was on the way home Sun. when I had at it with a supercharged 91 GT. I had him by a car and a half through 2 gears and then we left off. He was a little pissed to say the least. I think I put that pipe back on five times this weekend.

All in all it was a great time. I can't wait till next year.

------------------
Glenn 88TC
current mods (13.809 at 98.48mph): ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), ranger roller, gutted upper and ported lower intakes, t3/t4 turbo, MSD 6al, MSD Launch Control, K&N filter, Walboro 255 pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header, full 3" exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflow muffler, Star stage III ceramic clutch, Tiny Avenger bleed valve, Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15

Winter 2001-2002 upgrades - powerstroke intercooler(mounted full size or it won't be going in), 65mm throttle body, 42lb. injectors, custom grind roller cam, big turbo, rear suspension upgrades
NO TC and NO headaches.

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Mine pulled 217.9 on the first pull at about 17 and 218.8 at 19 psi. 0.9 HP for 2 psi boost. The chart started falling off just after 3K rpms. I had though it was rich but I had no idea it was as bad as it was. I put a gauge on it later and was getting 46 psi. I'll play with it and when I get it close, I'll just take it to the dyno. The dyno operator at Carlisle is actually located about an hour from me.
Pete Dunham

duanetc Offline
we ran the black and red rust bucket and the first run we blew the intercooler hose at [email protected] 2nd day we hit 173hp @3800rpm's and 275ft/lbs@3200 with 17psi
t3/t4 ball bearing hybrid spearco intercooler. Ported big valve head, 44pph injectors,motorsport cam and roller followers kirban afpr walbro 255lph fuel pump 65mm tb atrp downpipe extrude honed intakes and a ported e6 atr external wastegate greddy bov prolly some stuff I missed too

tylerport Offline
I put my car on the dyno and only had 175rwhp (at 4600rpm) with 271ft-lbs. of torque at 16psi. When I bumped the Gillis Valve to 20, I was only able to achieve 182rwhp (at 3400rpm) with 288ft-lbs. of torque. I was a little disappointed, but the dyno guy said I was running rich. A check of the fuel pressure (Thanks to Pete) revealed that indeed I have too much base pressure.

I ordered a Variable FPR from JD's today.

------------------
Jim Portteus
NATO Member
86 Turbo Coupe, LA3 w/ Intercooler and Larger VAM, Gillis Valve, 2 1/2" Downpipe to 2" Duals w/ 18" Glasspacks, 245/50R16's, 140MPH Speedo and new paint.
Jim Portteus