North American Turbocoupe Organization

It's Been A Ford Day!!!! (A DrPhang Rant) / Really Cool Headlamp Info Inside
DrPhang Offline
Ok first off before I start my mini rant I will make with the good info...while in pepboys I ran into a display for a company called kool-vue or something to that effect that sells replacement OEM style head lamps. The stuff on display seemed to be of VERY high quality. Pep Boys sold replacement headlamps for the 87-88 Birds for only 39.99 with brackets and everything!
http://www.kool-vue.com/ for some reason their site does not even list the headlamps yet...but that is the company.

Ok now on to my rant, I got a new drivers side headlamp for the bird for xmas. I went to install it and forgot I had a cracked bracket...also I broke a bunch of those little plastic clips while trying to get them out of the old headlamps. Ok....no big deal, I will just goto Advanced, Pep Boys and Autozone with NO luck. Ok...its 7:00 on firday, I will just go to the ford parts dept in the morning and get what I need.....WRONG AGAIN! They are not open on saturday.

Ohh by the way did I mention my SHO was broke?

Jeeeez you think for $60 Friggin bucks they could have at least given my mom some plastic clips so I could install the damn light.

Needless to say I will be buying my passanger side headlight from Pep Boys! grrrrrr

There are also a few other things I need to fix that I am not even gonna mention.

sorry for the lame rant....and the crappy grammer and all the ....'s it just kinda my thing...

[This message has been edited by DrPhang (edited 12-27-2002).]

turbobird Offline
Cool, wonder if they will come out with the inner and side marker lenses also.

------------------
Jerry R.
87'Turbocoupe
Jerry R.
88'Turbocoupe

DrPhang Offline
Hah forgot to mention...they had those too! [Image: smile.gif] While I was there I wish I had checked to see if they had headlamp's and markers for an SVO's, I will check again soon. I may just return my headlight to Ford and order from pepboys!

Red_LX Offline
Doh!

Well that figures, we don't have pep boys around here. I wonder if I could order direct from the company...
Garrett Hunt
Moderator, 2.3L & Turbos Forum @ forums.stangnet.com
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Windage tray, crank scraper, P&P head, RR, ARP head studs, P&P intakes, 60mm TB, Accel AFPR, Bob's log, T3, big FMIC, blow-thru VAM, Forge BOV, 3" exhaust, UPR shifter, gauges, etc.
My Turbo Coupe

DrPhang Offline
I will try to get more info on the company. I think I am gonna take the headlight back to ford get the 60 bux goto pepboys and order the two new headlights for $20 with everything i need to install em.

BJL Offline
Dr Phang, i can get a FORD (OEM!!!) for 43.00 bucks each plus shipping, those reporduction ones arent the same as OEM, they are alike but there quality of plastic is soo differnt, i can get you ford light at my Employee cost for you, i don't really like those repoduction healdights, but i am considerign them for my markers and signal lights.
Brian Larkin
88TC 330,000 miles
Slightly Modified

DrPhang Offline
That would be great man! I will get in contact with you soon on that

[This message has been edited by DrPhang (edited 12-28-2002).]

wydmotorsports Offline
Quote:Originally posted by DrPhang:
Ok first off before I start my mini rant I will make with the good info...while in pepboys I ran into a display for a company called kool-vue or something to that effect that sells replacement OEM style head lamps. The stuff on display seemed to be of VERY high quality. Pep Boys sold replacement headlamps for the 87-88 Birds for only 39.99 with brackets and everything!
http://www.kool-vue.com/ for some reason their site does not even list the headlamps yet...but that is the company.

Ok now on to my rant, I got a new drivers side headlamp for the bird for xmas. I went to install it and forgot I had a cracked bracket...also I broke a bunch of those little plastic clips while trying to get them out of the old headlamps. Ok....no big deal, I will just goto Advanced, Pep Boys and Autozone with NO luck. Ok...its 7:00 on firday, I will just go to the ford parts dept in the morning and get what I need.....WRONG AGAIN! They are not open on saturday.

Ohh by the way did I mention my SHO was broke?

Jeeeez you think for $60 Friggin bucks they could have at least given my mom some plastic clips so I could install the damn light.

Needless to say I will be buying my passanger side headlight from Pep Boys! grrrrrr

There are also a few other things I need to fix that I am not even gonna mention.

sorry for the lame rant....and the crappy grammer and all the ....'s it just kinda my thing...

hey,im a asst mgr for pep boys in south carolina and we too sell the koolvue lights and they are very high quality and great price as far as the svo im thinking no but can contact vendor and find out im not 100% sure that the lenses the parts guy at pby looked up were for a tc but ive been wrong before ill check in am damn and i thought you were going to tear pbys up keep spending your money there the tc is close to being done lol
87 tc,lowered,17inch cobra r wheels,4inch cowl hood,saleen wing,new engine,new turbo injectors,vam,fpr,seats,etc,new orion silver paint with silver flake and blue pearl to boot,and more just cant list all here

JLockhart Offline
Hey, this is great news! Guys, the Ford stuff probably won't be around for long, most of the TC stuff has already been discontinued. It's great news that someone has tooled up to offer these repros for our cars.
87 TC, T5, t3/t4, alky spray, 3" exhaust. 13.65 @ 102.75 on radials