North American Turbocoupe Organization

~2.3 Non Turbo ~To~ A 2.3 Turbo
Stroker_Man Offline
Well guys i own a 1993 ford mustang.It has a 2.3 non turbo in it.One of my buddies has a 1988 Thunderbird turbo.He trying to sell me the motor out of it.Its a Auto Just Like Mine. ~BUT~ iam making my 5 speed So like the computer on the tunderbird wouldn't work on mine. iam trying to find what everything i need for my car ~Like~ wireharness?,Computer? where do i get that stuff at.And is that all i need? Well iam just starting this far cause if i type more ?'s it will be harder. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this Project. Thanks Again~ Zach~

philS Offline
You are better off buying a whole bunch of goodies from his 88, including engine, trans, computer AND wiring harness. If he's only selling the engine, you can get the other stuff from here (FOR SALE or post in the WANTED section), ebay, junkyards etc.

People here will be more than happy to help you with your project, as well as at turboford.org

In addition to everything physically attached to the engine, you should get some sensors like the air meter, BAP, etc.

The 93 Mustang has a cable-driven speedo, right? If so, you will need to pull the cap off the end of the t-bird vss sensor (near the tailshaft of the trans) to hook up the Mustang speedo cable. You will probably have to swap speedo drive gears if it doesn't read properly.

------------------
86 TC, 73 Austin Mini, 72 Austin Mini Van

Click here to beat a ricer.
Did you hear about the Lucas powered torpedo? It sank.

86 TC, 73 Mini, 64 Mini Van, Saturn wagon
Click here to beat a ricer.

Stroker_Man Offline
iam changing my car over to 5 speed so why do i need his computer out of the thunderbird?and the speedo?

Stroker_Man Offline
nevermind found what i ask u all thanks anyway