North American Turbocoupe Organization

Heater core and PRC
Matt S Offline
Posting Freak
I just got up to start my day and found presents on my doorstep from the brown santa guy. My set of PRC and heater core!

But! My heater core didn't come with the restrictor - in fact it didn't come with any of the foam isolation stuff so it fits well in the heater box, or anything. Everyone else I've heard got a restrictor, what gives??

My rear PRC shocks also seem too easy to compress; and it just spins in circles. How do I know I have it in the right spot for firm/soft before I install it? I can't turn the fronts by hand, so that seems more correct.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Sold it Sad*

natmac3 Offline
Administrator
The PRC is controlled by a small actuator and this is what switches between Firm and Auto modes. Ours aren't like the SVOs where you could manually adjust the firmness by turning the shock.
1987tc

Pete D Offline
Administrator
I think the resrictor only comes with Mustang cores or else it's after market.
Pete Dunham

Matt S Offline
Posting Freak
Thanks Pete. I'll dig up an old socket and drill it out to stuff in the hose.

But the PRC. I thought the acutators turn the top of the shock/strut - just like key or hand adjustables - to dampen the ride. But the top of the rear shocks spins 360*. So how do I know I've got it installed on the right position? Is it possible that the ride control actuates firm mode, but that makes the dampening in regular mode? Or is it just the fronts that are ride control?? I was expecting that I could only turn the dampner a little bit; not all the way around! I even tried spinning the top and then compressing the shock. I did not feel any difference in the resistance no matter what position the top was in. I just don't want to mess up the rears. These things ain't cheap.

[This message has been edited by Matt S (edited 03-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Matt S (edited 03-13-2003).]
Sold it Sad*

Hawk Offline
Matt,

You can't get it wrong. It is truly fool proof. You will see that the shock has flats on it that index the stepper motor mounting plate. Once the plate is installed, simply snap the stepper motor on to the shock. Ford designed it so that if you assemble it the only way you can, it is in the proper position. You'll see what I mean when you start installing them.

Hawk

Matt S Offline
Posting Freak
sweeet. Thanks Hawk. Hopin the rain stops tomorrow so I can slap them in.
Also hopin it's a "slap it in" type of deal.... [Image: wink.gif]
Sold it Sad*