North American Turbocoupe Organization

DOHC!
JediHacker Offline
40bob over on TF is trying to get a DOHC head going for are little lima. ( im just trying to spred the word) http://www.turboford.org/ubb/ultimatebb....3;t=014371

plz sticky this

Pete D Offline
Administrator
This version of the software doesn't support stickies.
Pete Dunham

Glenn 88TC Offline
Posting Freak
Sorry, but what is the big deal? There are already enough performance heads available for this engine. More to it than above comment. Just waiting for others to chime in before I go into detail.

------------------
mods: SDS Digital Fuel Injection, ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), Solid lifters, Esslinger roller cam #2277, Esslinger adj. cam pulley, custom upper and ported lower intakes, 60-1 stage III .63 turbo, powerstroke intercooler, 60mm throttle body, 75pph injectors, Walboro 255HP pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header, 3" exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflow muffler, MSD 6al, MSD coil, MSD Launch Control, MSD 8.5mm wires, K&N filter, Spec stage III clutch, Greddy Profec B boost controller, Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15
NO TC and NO headaches.

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Quote:More to it than above comment. Just
waiting for others to chime in before I go into detail.

Will your comments maintain the same intensity of focus and clarity of purpose as that thread?????
Pete Dunham

Glenn 88TC Offline
Posting Freak
Quote:Originally posted by Pete D:
Will your comments maintain the same intensity of focus and clarity of purpose as that thread?????

I just think $3500 is a lot to spend for a DOHC head when there are already high performance heads available from Esslinger. If you're not looking to make big HP(400+) then you really don't need the DOHC head(if then).

If it comes to be and flows great I WOULD be interested. I just don't see the market being large enough. Seems like more of an image thing. With that said I DO hope it happens.
NO TC and NO headaches.

natmac3 Offline
Administrator
I agree with Glenn on both counts: cost, and hope.

~$3500 is a LOT of money for even a fully dressed head, any way you look at it. That figure, though, isn't too ridiculous given the total cost of building a real full-trim race head.

Novelty value aside, I think it'd be an awesome addition to the Turboford aftermarket, and I know it'd have potential to be the Best streetable head available.

Cost aside, I think it'd be the best bet for anyone looking to make big power with a big curve, and still have really nice manners.

Way outta my budget though...
--n8
1987tc

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Yes, I'd love to see one made, though I doubt I would have need for it.
Pete Dunham

RDOG Offline
Posting Freak
I think its great. Any attempt at making something a little more durable and reliable is good.

On the other hand I think it will be to pricey, but that's ok because I have already sold two of those Volvo heads for a healthy sum and if this continues, I will be able to get an Essy head. Contact me if you want one. I've got 5 more in my storage [Image: smile.gif]
1986 Turbo Coupe. Boport StageIII head, Boport 2.1, Performance Techniques 50 trim hybird, StageII.63, stinger 3" exhaust, Phenolic spacer, Boglog header,NPR FMIC intercooler setup, kirban fpr, bigrmotorsports fuel rail, diablo water meth kit, CAI, remote mount TFI, CHE rear adj control arms, MAC girdle, 8.8 rear disc, aluminum drive shaft, H&R lowerings springs Tbird Turbo Specific, y MAS!!

Chuck W Offline
Posting Freak
Like I posted over there, I'd be more interested in development to get the Duratech engines adapted to the Fox cars...that is going to be the way to go w/in the next couple years.

The Volvo stuff is intriguing, and I've thought about it, but even that is a dated head/engine...and the result will still weigh more than a Duratech and not have as good of future support.

I dunno...

------------------
83 TC Clone, 87 Ranger 2.3T, 84 XR7, 80 XR7, 86 XR4 AND 88 Scorpio
NATO Member
83 TC Clone, 85 Mercury LTS, 97 Volvo 850 T5 Turbo, 78 Volvo 240, 93 F150

JediHacker Offline
what i like about it is that it flows alot more than any of the other heads out there at the some lift, and it has bin said that the big thing holding the lima back it that they need more flow.