North American Turbocoupe Organization

Well, I guess it's reliable. 1800 miles to CA and back!
AerobirdMotorsports Offline
Banned
I road tripped Layla over the weekend. Down to Lake Tahoe, CA and back. Over 1800 miles with 0 problems. Not bad for a 110K motor with a used piston/rod out of another and rings out of a third. It ate 3 qts the entire trip, and my damn oil sending unit STILL leaks, so that accounted for most of it. I averaged 29.5 mpg on flat stretches of highway and 22-26 depending on how big the mountains were. This is with a BBK 255 pump, Kirban AFPR @45psi, Gillis @15psi, and me driving [Image: wink.gif] Now I have to go get the race car moving! Good thing I took the week off! (Mostly to catch up on mailing big parts and stripping the clunkers). Maybe next year the road trip will be to Carlisle!

------------------
Michael Pinto
www.aerobirdmotorsports.com

1988 Med Red/Red leather 5Spd, all options, fresh motor, BBK 255lph pump, Kirban AFPR, Cruzin' 35#s, AM IC hoses, Gillis Valve, AM prototype cold-air kit, 2' long open exhaust Wink, Optima
1987 Code 33 Silver-Blue/Charcoal cloth auto, undergoing race engine/5Spd swap
1988 White/Charcoal cloth auto, g/f's car, HL mod, Clarion CD/Stereo
1988 Shadow Blue/Blue cloth 5Spd, hit by truck, missing engine, for sale
1988 Cougar LS Med Red/Red cloth, no engine/trans, parts car
1984 Silver/Grey leather, 5Spd, no engine/trans, parts car
1992 Dk Green SHO 5Spd, feature car, 13.37 @104, for sale

RIP-1988 Med Red/Charcoal cloth 5Spd, all options, McK kit, spoiler

=I saved a life today, what did you do?= USCG

AerobirdMotorsports Offline
Banned
BTW, Here's a pic of Layla in front of the highest point on I5, just North of the CA border. Makes a cool pic.

Matt S Offline
Posting Freak
Ahh I know that spot well. Weed is not too far off from there [Image: biggrin.gif].

Good deal!
Sold it Sad*