North American Turbocoupe Organization

Timing Help
SteveX82 Offline
Posting Freak
Exactly how is it "not taking the boost"? If it starts bucking as boost builds, start checking all your intercooler hoses no less than 20 times each.
Estoril blue 1987 TC 5spd, 148k mi, a237, Bailey BOV, spec stg3 clutch, spearco FMIC, 50 trim t3/t4, 3" exhaust, Bamafuel, LM1, 55pph
Best 1/4 mile: 12.31 @ 110mph on 25psi

rc_av8r Offline
Checked, checked, and re-checked. I am going to check most of it again and put a timing light on it tom. Maybe I'll find it.

If I run my revs up around 5500-6000 it will take up to about 15psi. Dunno, I'll run over it again in the morning.
87 TC: A237 Motorsports cam, boost valve,MSD 6BTM Rod's header, 3" downpipe, dynomax ultraflow mufflers, 2 1/2" GT tailpipes, 255lph fuel pump, adj. fuel press. regulator.
88 TC: 5.0 Conversion,Edlebrock heads and upper-lower intake, rockers, exhaust, dynomax race magnum muff.,24lbs. injectors, waiting on supercharger.

Kev Offline
Posting Freak
Do you know to set the timing with the spout out? Then plug it back in to run the car?
Kev
1988 TC 5spd

rc_av8r Offline
Finally set the timing and it didn't help the problem. Used to get 16.5 lbs. of boost, but now it starts stuttering at about 10 lbs.. Checked all the hoses, connections, etc. and found no problems. It doesn't really do it if I get the revs up to about 5500, it will take the boost ok then.

Any ideas from the all knowers?

------------------
87 TC: A237 Motorsports cam, boost valve,MSD 6BTM Rod's header, 3" downpipe, dynomax ultraflow mufflers, 2 1/2" GT tailpipes.
88 TC: 5.0 Conversion,Edlebrock heads and upper-lower intake, rockers, exhaust, dynomax race magnum muff.,24lbs. injectors, waiting on supercharger.
87 TC: A237 Motorsports cam, boost valve,MSD 6BTM Rod's header, 3" downpipe, dynomax ultraflow mufflers, 2 1/2" GT tailpipes, 255lph fuel pump, adj. fuel press. regulator.

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Did you check the intercooler itself to see if it hold pressure? They occassionally fail.
Pete Dunham