North American Turbocoupe Organization

Car hoist recomendations?
Cracker137 Offline
Hey Guys!

My new Wife and I just bought our first house, and I plan for this to be THE house until I retire (Assuming I want to move in retirment) One of the big things I wanted was a pole barn in the back to do all my tinkering on my TC and other cars, now that I have it, the next step is to equip it the best I can. The first order of buisness for me is to get a lift in there .

Does anyone have exsperience in buying these? What does it take/how much to install them. What does a good one normally run, what are some of the better brands/names for these?

Any insight would is greatly appreciated.
1987 Thunderbird TC
-T3 Turbo
-K&N
-3G 130 Amp

TurboBoost88 Offline
look up greg smith equipment. I have purchased 4 post lift, 2 exhaust pipe benders from him. Lots of options and price ranges. Ben-Pack would be tops in my book for a 2 post lift.
88 TurboCoupe,Midnight Metallic Blue on Blue cloth, 140 m.p.h. speedo, 96,000 miles, 5spd. Gills valve, many new parts waiting to be installed..88 TC, Silver, 5spd, My first car, wish I still had that one! Built for customers: 67 Ford Fairlane,69 Mach I,70 Mach I Clone,95 Ranger 2.3/5.0 EFI Conversion,99 Cobra Procharger SC-1 Install/Tune,Factory Five Racing Mark III Cobra #4114,1955 Black on Black Thunderbird for local Ford Dealer owner's wife.

mike schrijvers Offline
I got a couple 4 post lifts from direct lift for 2100 canadain.(about 190 us). They use 110 ,8000 lb capacity and are fairly easy to put together. They are better than the 2 post lifts for storage but I'm looking at getting a 2 post lift to work on the car. suspension and brake work would much easier and I wouldn't hit my head often on the lift. I mounted strinds of LED lights along the inside of he rails and it makes it so much easier to see what your doing under the car.
1988 TC ,silver,5speed,
1988 TC,silver, 5speed,
1988 TC,black,automatic,
1988 TC ,midnight blue, 5 speed
1988 TC,burgandy, 5speed,
1967 mercury cyclone
1974 charger
1988 TC,red,automatic,521 stroker,1,000 miles
1965 parisienne convertable, red ,automatic,140,000 miles
1970 thunderbird 2door fastback,red ,automatic,76,000 miles
1999 dodge viper RT,black,44,000 miles
2001 plymouth prowler,blue, 8,000 miles
2006 SSR ,yellow, automatic, 26,000 miles

PaulTahoe Offline
This is an old thread so I decided to give it a bump. We are just getting ready to drop the fuel tank out of the 87 Turbo Coupe.

This is an Atlas 14K lift I've had for about 7 years or so. I'm an old man and my back is bad so I can't work on anything without this lift.

I'm real happy with the Atlas..

Attached Files Image(s)

Mikey97D likes this post

teal95 Offline
We have a Rotary 9k at my parents. Nice lift but expensive as I bought it new. When I did my shop I watched for many months and came across a shop that moved and was selling off their old equipment as they bought new for most of the shop equipment. For less that the Rotary I bought 15 years before I got a PAIR of used 9k Challengers. Now I have one put up and the second needs a few parts replaced before is finish it up.

Basically watch the classifieds (Craigslist, Facebook, eBay....) for what you're after.
'83 & '84 GT turbo EEC-Tuner
'85.5 & '86 SVO twEECer
2x '87 & '88 TC QuarterHorse
'93 LX 5.0 notch Moates chips
3x '95 & '96 GT
PaulTahoe likes this post